Maximum Fighting Championship Signs Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
Sokoudjou_Signs_with_Maximum_Fighting_MFC_31_large.jpg
Yesterday afternoon, in the midst of all the Golden Glory and Fedor news, Maximum Fighting Championship announced the signing of former UFC Light Heavyweight Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou. He is expected to make his MFC debut at their October 7th event in Alberta against current Light Heavyweight champion Ryan Jimmo in a title fight.

From the Official Press Release:

"I am extremely excited to see what happens when Jimmo and Sokoudjou collide. I truly believe it will be the most explosive title fight ever in MFC history," said Mark Pavelich, Owner/President of the Maximum Fighting Championship.

"Ryan is a terrific champion and represents the MFC like no other fighter ever has before. Now we’re going to see how he handles the athleticism and pressure that Sokoudjou will put on him."

Ryan Jimmo is considered by many to be the best Light Heavyweight not under the Zuffa banner with a record of 15-1. His 15 wins have come consecutively making it one of the longest streaks in MMA today. This fight will be Jimmo's 11th fight in the promotion.

Sokoudjou's career has been a bit of a roller coaster. He scored stunning knockouts over Ricardo Arona and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira in PRIDE before making his debut in the UFC. This run was a disappointment for fans who saw a physically gifted fighter not fight to his abilities. He's currently on a three fight win streak and his career appears to have finally turned for the better.

Ryan Jimmo

- Zak Cummings Win Decision (Unanimous) MFC 29

- Dwayne Lewis Win TKO (Doctor Stoppage) MFC 28

- Wilson Gouveia Win Decision (Unanimous) MFC 25

Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou

- Roy Boughton Win Decison (Unanimous) Score Fighting Series

- Jan Blachowicz Win TKO (Retirement) KSW XV

- Valdas Pocevicius Win Decision (Unanimous) Israel FC: Genesis