Matt Stafford

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Did the Lions pay TOO MUCH for Matt Stafford?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kaedon

Reaction score
Stafford is getting paid 78 million dollars, 41 UP FRONT.

sals_graphic.gif

Did they overpay?

MikeRaw

Rofl, ya. But it's what they had to do to sign him. I mean, if they didn't pay him that, they wouldn't be getting him. They did what they had to do, and unfortunately, that's what the sport has come to, where guys can basically demand any ridiculous amount of money.

Enigma22

Reaction score
its not 41 million up front. hes just guaranteed that much so he gets it even if he doesnt play. the rest is bonuses. hes still amazingly overpaid. rookies should not make that much. they need to prove themselves first.

Wordlife

hell yeah! All that for a rookie who will end up sucking??? Stupid NFL for allowing that to happen

Enigma22

Reaction score
^he could be good. he has a lot of strengths. he hasnt proved that he is good tho so he doesnt deserve the money yet.

Kaedon

Reaction score
KC barely spent more than that ON THEIR WHOLE TEAM and look at the team who spends THE MOST and look what it got them.....

Enigma22

Reaction score
thats the point. they dont know how good he is gonna be and yet he still gets all that money.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
And he'll be paid all that until he's released... nobody will accept a trade for the guy if he busts in Detroit, especially for the amount of money they'd have to pick up for it.

The NFL needs a rookie bubble to keep salaries low until you're proven (3+ years experience in the NFL).

phantomgerald

You have to pay the first round pick that money, it's not the Lion's fault. And considering how the first round pick have constantly gotten a 6% increase every year, that was already a good deal. I think it'll be addressed soon anyway this rookie wage thingy.

Kaedon

Reaction score
He is, to date, the highest paid first round pick of all time. You do NOT have to give a guy THAT MUCH money, especially when he's unproven. This notion that you "HAVE" to do it, is bull. Especially when what he makes RIVALS WHAT ENTIRE TEAMS SPEND ON THEIR ROSTER!!!

Christian

Reaction score
If he didn't get paid that much he prob woulda said fuck YOU detroit lions, I'm goin to the Jets.

Kaedon

Reaction score
And the further implications are when the NFLPA goes to renegotiate their contract, and the owners say "We cant afford to give players more money" they can say, oh yeah MATT FUCKING STAFFORD!

Enigma22

Reaction score
He is, to date, the highest paid first round pick of all time. You do NOT have to give a guy THAT MUCH money, especially when he's unproven. This notion that you "HAVE" to do it, is bull. Especially when what he makes RIVALS WHAT ENTIRE TEAMS SPEND ON THEIR ROSTER!!!

hes only makin like 12 million a year. its not even close to what entire teams spend on their roster. its still like as much as peyton manning makes and stafford is obviously no peyton manning. rookies should start out at a few million with a lot of incentives for them to do good.

straight_edge76

All I have to say is holy hell, My falcons last season paid a shitload of money for Matt Ryan and it worked out. Staffored imo is not going to be the savior for the Lions that he is made out to be, he wont do what Ryan and Flacco did. He will be more like Cutler, except he will start from day 1. When you are paid that kind of chedder you better cut the cheese from day 1 haha. What other options do they have? Daunte Fucking Culpepper? He wont be a winning QB for 3-5 years and I am sure when he starts off something like 3-5 or somewhere in that neighborhood the Lions' fans will already be chanting out "BUST!" or "We Want Culpepper" whenever he throws a pick/loses a game.