Matt Lindland talks to Sherdog about fighter pay in MMA:"I’ve always had a lot more s

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
005_Matt_Lindland_495x330.jpg
Matt Lindland talks to Sherdog about fighter pay in MMA:

"I’ve always had a lot more stuff going on outside of fighting, but a lot of that came because I couldn’t make a living just by being a fighter. Even now, how many guys at the top level of the sport -- and by that I mean Strikeforce and the UFC -- can make a living off what they get to fight? It’d make for an interesting story that I definitely would read. In the NFL, there’s about 900 or so players, and they have a minimum salary that allows them to make a good living. Once fighters get to the NFL of MMA, there’s no minimum salary. Even with all of the success the big MMA promotions have had recently, it’s barely gotten better than when I got started."