Matt Lindland Says Anderson Silva Trying to Weasel Out of Chael Sonnen Rematch

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
591011e8-85db-53b8-92e7-2c5b55c985ea.image_large.jpg
When Chael Sonnen called out Anderson Silva for a rematch after Sonnen destroyed Brian Stann at UFC 136 it seemed like the only smart fight to make for Silva. In the days since we've seen Silva's manager Ed Soares talk about how Sonnen should be at the back of the line.

In an interview with MMA HQ, that didn't sit well with Matt Lindland:

Ok one last question if I may then; I'm sorry if it's a bit out of left field but I'd really like to get your take on this. Do you think Anderson Silva takes the Superbowl weekend fight with Chael Sonnen?

Haha. Anderson will to find a way to weasel out of that fight. I don't know what his contractual obligations are as far as who he has to fight as a champion but they're already laying the ground work; I mean look at the article that came out this morning on Bloody Elbow.

His manager Ed Soares is already making excuses for Anderson to not take that fight so yeah I think they're going to try to weasel out of it. I don't know what his obligations are contractually to the UFC but his obligations to the fans are that he needs to take that fight.

Everyone of the fans know that Chael's the number one contender and the guy that has a chance of beating him, can beat him and exposed his weaknesses in that fight. The fans want to see that fight and Anderson owes the fans that fight.

Some think Soares was trying to weasel out of the fight because of the threat Sonnen presents, others think that the line was simply put out there to add extra fuel to the fire.

We're going to continue to see the fighters and their camps throw out little digs like this until the two fighters step into the cage to square off again.