Matt Hardy vs. Mark Henry(c) At SummerrSlam

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dre

Reaction score
Tonight on ECW, Matt Hardy won a Fatal 4 Way Match to earn himself a shot at the ECW title against Mark Henry. What are you thoughts on this upcoming match?

Axis

Tonight on ECW, Matt Hardy won a Fatal 4 Way Match to earn himself a shot at the ECW title against Mark Henry. What are you thoughts on this upcoming match?

As fun as you find it to make threads with no substance, I'd like to know what YOU think about this upcoming match.

Personally, I'm fretting it. However I would argue that a match with Mark Henry is destined to be awful no matter who it was against. Even Kurt Angle failed to get a decent match out of him back in '06.

Dre

Reaction score
Well what I think is that this is a good push for Matt Hardy. Winning the ECW Championship should help him out big time. If you didn't notice, almost everybody who has won the ECW championship, has went on and won the WWE Championship. So if Matt Hardy wins at SummerSlam, then it's a possibility that he will go on a win the WWE or World Heavyweight Championship.

PeepShow

Isn't this what the Summerslam discussion thread is for, honestly?

Dre

Reaction score
Ok, well can somebody merge this thread into the SummerSlam Discussion thread.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I think it could be a good match...rooting for Hardy to get it...and when Matt has to drop it later on...I say Miz for next champion HOORAH.

MikeRaw

Well what I think is that this is a good push for Matt Hardy. Winning the ECW Championship should help him out big time. If you didn't notice, almost everybody who has won the ECW championship, has went on and won the WWE Championship. So if Matt Hardy wins at SummerSlam, then it's a possibility that he will go on a win the WWE or World Heavyweight Championship.

Um, no. Firstly, the us title is better than the ecw title. It has way more value, because of what it's been through. The ecw title is really nothing.
Let's look at since it came to wwe, who has been ecw champ...
Big Show, RVD, Lashley, Mr.Mcmahon, John Morrison, CM Punk, Chavo Guerrero, Mark Henry... None of those people,except one, have gone on to win world titles. A few have won world titles, BEFORE, but that has nothing to do with it. None of them have gone on to win a world title, so I don't see that part of your post.
And it's not really a push. Sure, it's nice, but ecw in general is bad for matt.

Travis40

I still don't think Hardy's going to win at SummerSlam. I think that they'll have Hardy lose against Henry and fall into the mid card shit in ECW. Henry finally loses to someone like Super Crazy (yeah...I fucking said it, what are you gonna do bout it? :gun_rifle:) or R-Truth (Killings...yeah...that's his new name :nonono:)

Moonlight Drive

Matt Hardy=Boring

Mark Henry=Boring

By my math, that makes this Double Boring. And it's true what they say, Matt Hardy just won't die!

PS-US Title > ECW Title

Airfixx

Another quick, cheap title reign is really gonna hurt Hardy... (I question how TRULY over he is anyway, or whether it's just more that the kids like any excuse to chant "Hard-Dee, Hard-Dee" cos of Jeff and/or their days as a team.)

Seems to me a better way would have been to keep Henry with the belt a bit longer, have him retain against (e.g.) Finaly and let Matt go at him at Unforgiven or sumthin' (Make Henry look less like a transitional champ), but whatever happens if Matt wins he needs a decent run with the belt.

Re: The match at SSLam... Not exactly destined to be a classic. : o/

cmfunk

Reaction score
Um, no. Firstly, the us title is better than the ecw title. It has way more value, because of what it's been through. The ecw title is really nothing.
Let's look at since it came to wwe, who has been ecw champ...
Big Show, RVD, Lashley, Mr.Mcmahon, John Morrison, CM Punk, Chavo Guerrero, Mark Henry... None of those people,except one, have gone on to win world titles. A few have won world titles, BEFORE, but that has nothing to do with it. None of them have gone on to win a world title, so I don't see that part of your post.
And it's not really a push. Sure, it's nice, but ecw in general is bad for matt.

your wrong ECW title is greater then the US title at this time, the US title has only had one great run in a lone time and that was MVP's time. Matt would have made a great run too but he got hurt before he could get it and lost all his focus and all his overness.
The ECW title has had wrestlers hold the title and atleast act like they care about it.
Plus on ECW he can get a better chance to show the WWE if he can be the main focus guy for a show.

Moonlight Drive

your wrong ECW title is greater then the US title at this time, the US title has only had one great run in a lone time and that was MVP's time. Matt would have made a great run too but he got hurt before he could get it and lost all his focus and all his overness.
The ECW title has had wrestlers hold the title and atleast act like they care about it.
Plus on ECW he can get a better chance to show the WWE if he can be the main focus guy for a show.

ECW Champions (in WWE)
RVD
Big Show
Lashey
Johnny Nitro
CM Punk
Chavo Gurrero
Kane
Mark Henry

US Champions
Harley Race
Booker T
Ric Flair
Stone Cold
Ricky Steamboat

The least goes on..../.

Airfixx

That's a bit unfair isn't it? ...Comparing only the WWE era of ECW against the entire history of the US title.

Wouldn't comparing to the WWE era of the US title too be a truer comparrison?

Moonlight Drive

^^ OK

MVP
Matt Hardy
Booker T
Chris Benoit
John Cena
Edge

Just off the top of my head. And to be honest, the US Champions would be considered greater if I compared all time ECW Champions as well

cmfunk

Reaction score
ya man am talking about this era as of right now yea you put all the names in a box the US title is better, hell look at it this way if you were a wrestler for the WWE what title would you go for, the title that hardly gets any tv time or the title where the whole show is focus on...