Matt Hardy gives update on Jeff Hardy

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Matt Hardy has provided an update on his brother Jeff.

The Florida DUI case against Jeff Hardy was closed last week after the 45-year-old submitted a written plea of nolo contendere to all charges. He was sentenced to time served, had his license suspended for 10 years, two years with an interlock device, community service, and court-mandated rehab.

Matt Hardy addressed his brother's situation during the latest episode of The Extreme Life with Matt Hardy on AdFreeShows.com.

Matt Hardy said:

The first thing Jeff did whenever he got the opportunity, he traveled to Florida and he stayed 90 days and did an extensive rehabilitation stint. Really intense work on himself and then even after that ended, those 90 days, he was doing out patient where he was going every week. He probably did 170 days, I would say, altogether when it was said and done of treatment on himself.
My brother, obviously, people who've known him for many years, he's had so many addiction problems through the years but he's never been this specific and never tried to work through it in so much in detail, like, really committed himself to this.
Hardy continued:

The reason I say I feel like it'll be different this time is because he just went into it with a different mentality and he's never been this scared before. There was a lot of talk where they wanted him to go to prison for months and do this and they ended up working into this deal where it was the 38 days is what he ended up being sentenced with.
I think one of the biggest things you're going to see about Jeff Hardy going forward is how he wants to share this story and try and help other people now. I just think that's something he's been very adamant in already.

Matt would also say that the incident at Victory Road 2011 when his brother was in no condition to perform in a match against Sting was a wakeup call for Jeff but problems with alcohol would surface later.

There's the Victory Road incident with Sting and that was the final point when it came to pills, he would never touch a pill again and he hasn't, he never did. And then once drinking came along and that became his main vice, it's the worst, alcohol is the worst. The reason it's the worst is you can get it anywhere literally at anytime. And if you have an addictive personality, it's the worst.
At the end of the day, he's not someone who has done violent, bad things, that come from a terrible place, he's someone who has an addiction problem and I hate it. There's no way to justify someone being intoxicated and getting behind the wheel and driving, it can't be justified in this day and age, it should never happen. But the help that he went and got during this time, I have just seen such a different version of him and it's not one that's trying to play the game. He's just happy he got out and he's just changed in so many ways.
Jeff Hardy hasn't wrestled since May 29, 2022 when him and Matt defeated The Young Bucks at AEW Double or Nothing. Jeff was arrested for driving under the influence two weeks later on June 13, 2022. It was his third arrest for the offense in 10 years.

Matt Hardy continued to say that there has been no talk of his brother returning to AEW at this time.

That hasn't been talked about. Will it happen? I mean, maybe. Will it happen? Maybe not, I don't know but that isn't something that has been talked about at all at this point and it certainly wasn't going to be like his court case gets done, he shows right back up on AEW Dynamite.
Jeff Hardy has wrestled for AEW nine times since his in-ring promotional debut on the March 16, 2022 edition of Dynamite. He has an 8-1 record with his only loss coming in the Owen Hart Cup semi-finals against Adam Cole. The Hardys are undefeated in AEW with wins over Private Party, The Butcher & The Blade, and The Young Bucks.