Matt Hardy discusses Jeff returning to TNA, AEW run

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

“I believe in TNA the Hardy Boyz can get the run that we deserve at this stage of our careers and that is the run to cement our legacy and that is very important to both of us."
“Look, we have incredible star power. If you were at Wrestlecon in Philadelphia, it was outrageous how much we signed, how many people that were there to see us. We have fans coming up crying to us like it’s 2000 all the time, but I feel like AEW is more focused on having a five-star match as opposed to having a segment that is hugely impactful and makes a moment.”
“In the beginning, we started off very well. Jeff messed up and he made a mistake. Jeff tried to repent for that, he did everything, he went and got right and one thing that I can say about Jeff that I am very happy at the place he is in in his life. He’s practically perfect as a human being. He hasn’t been like this in well over 20 years.”
“(Jeff) was in a good place, I just don’t know why we never got that other opportunity to show people what we can do and capitalize on the popularity that we have."
“We would have loved to have had that run in AEW but low and behold, that didn’t happen. And I think we are both happy now that we are somewhere else where we feel like we’ll get utilized and optimized in our status as legends, as we are, legends who can still go.”
“AEW is a great organization, the pro wrestling world needs it but it wasn’t the place for me and Jeff at this certain time because they are just in a different mindset. I think Tony Khan is in a different mindset. It is what is, it’s nothing to be hot about. Tony Khan, great dude. I was paid great while I was there. It was just, both us, myself and Jeff, we wanted something different. There was one point where I just said, we haven’t won a match in 11 months on TV and we are legitimately in the top five conversation of greatest tag teams of all time. Like, what is going on here?”

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Wow the modesty is really shining through in that interview.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Matt’s always been a mark for himself. Nothing new

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf

Jfc Matt you know exactly why it didn't happen in aew, your junky brother can't be trusted n you move stiffer than a priest in a playground !

Deadd2009

Horror Movie Guru
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
zEZtX3o

He also tried claiming Jeff felt like he was unwanted by AEW before the contract came up. Like my guy, if you werent injured/suspended for the entire time theyd want you back in a heartbeat.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
There's a line between believing in yourself and delusion and Matt has taken a jetpack and flew by it

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I’m sure they did feel undervalued.

But that’s because they still look at themselves as mega stars as opposed to a nostalgia act