Match of the Year Poll #2

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Star of 2008?

• James Storm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Robert Roode

• Kaz

• Black Machismo

• Eric Young

• Chris Harris

• Judas Messais

• LAX

• MCMG

• Matt Morgan

• Total voters

Truth

Reaction score
Rate the PPV-Day 5- Wrestlemania 20

Well WM22 scores in with an 84...

Logo-wm20.jpg

* John Cena defeated The Big Show to win the WWE United States Championship (9:14)
o Cena pinned Big Show after an F-U.
* Rob Van Dam and Booker T defeated Garrison Cade and Mark Jindrak, The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray and D-Von) and La Résistance (René Duprée and Rob Conway) in a Fatal Four Way Match to retain the World Tag Team Championship (7:51)
o RVD pinned Conway after Booker hit the Scissors Kick on Conway and RVD followed with the Five-Star Frog Splash.

John Cena vs. The Big Show for the United States Championship
John Cena vs. The Big Show for the United States Championship

* Christian defeated Chris Jericho (14:52)
o Christian pinned Jericho after Trish Stratus accidentally elbowed Jericho in the face.
* Evolution (Randy Orton, Batista and Ric Flair) defeated The Rock 'n' Sock Connection (The Rock and Mick Foley) in a Handicap match (17:03)
o Orton pinned Foley after an RKO.
* "Mean" Gene Okerlund introduced the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2004:
o Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, Tito Santana, John "Big John Studd" Minton, Harley Race, Pete Rose, Don Muraco, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine, Sylvester "Junkyard Dog" Ritter, "Superstar" Billy Graham, Jesse "The Body" Ventura, and Sgt. Slaughter.
* Torrie Wilson and Sable defeated Stacy Keibler and Miss Jackie in a Playboy Evening Gown Match (2:33)
o Wilson pinned Jackie for the win.
* Chavo Guerrero won a Cruiserweight Open to retain the WWE Cruiserweight Championship (10:28)
o Último Dragón pinned Shannon Moore. (1:18)
Randy Orton, Batista and Ric Flair vs. The Rock and Mick Foley
Randy Orton, Batista and Ric Flair vs. The Rock and Mick Foley
o Jamie Noble defeated Dragon by submission. (2:14)
o Noble pinned Funaki. (2:23)
o Noble defeated Nunzio by countout. (4:21)
o Billy Kidman pinned Noble. (6:06)
o Rey Mysterio pinned Kidman. (7:22)
o Mysterio pinned Tajiri. (8:37)
o Mysterio defeated Akio by forfeit. (8:37)
o Chavo Guerrero pinned Mysterio with interference from Chavo Guerrero, Sr.. (10:28)
* Goldberg defeated Brock Lesnar (w/Steve Austin as special guest referee) (13:42)
o Goldberg pinned Lesnar after a Spear and Jackhammer.
o After the match, both men received Stone Cold Stunners from Austin.
* Vince McMahon walked out to the stage and expressed his gratitude to the fans for the last twenty WrestleManias on behalf of his family and World Wrestling Entertainment.
* Rikishi and Scotty 2 Hotty defeated The World's Greatest Tag Team (Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin), The Basham Brothers (Danny and Doug) and The APA (Bradshaw and Faarooq) in a Fatal Four-Way match to retain the WWE Tag Team Championship (6:01)
o Rikishi pinned Danny after a Banzai Drop.

* Jesse Ventura conducted a short interview with Donald Trump, who was in attendance.
* Victoria defeated Molly Holly in a Hair vs. Title match to retain the WWE Women's Championship (4:53)
o Victoria pinned Molly when she countered Molly's Widow's Peak attempt into a Backslide Pin.
o Due to losing the match, Molly's hair was shaved off as stipulation.
* Eddie Guerrero defeated Kurt Angle to retain the WWE Championship (21:32)
o Eddie pinned Angle with a roll-up.
o During the match Eddie slipped his boot off and used it as a distraction.
* The Undertaker (w/Paul Bearer) defeated Kane (7:45)
o Undertaker pinned Kane after a Tombstone Piledriver.
* Chris Benoit defeated Triple H (c) and Shawn Michaels in a Triple Threat match to win the World Heavyweight Championship (24:47)
o Benoit forced Triple H to submit with the Crippler Crossface.
o After the match, friend and WWE Champion Eddie Guerrero celebrated with Benoit in the ring to close the show.

Well almost every match was incredible. HHH vs Benoit vs HBk was fantastic, and especially with Benoit winning. Taker vs Kane obviously a good classic match. Guerro vs Angle was sick, didnt like the ending though. The 4 way tag match was pretty good, especially some great tag teams in that match(the one with APA and WGTT). Goldberg vs Brock vs...meh. Austin as ref was pretty cool, but it wasnt that great a match. The CW open was sick, one of the best CW matches, especially since Ultimo was in it. Christian vs Jericho was very good, Evolution vs Rock n Sock, well Im a huge Rock fan so I loved that. Cena vs Big show was okay as well.

Overall this was one of my favorite wrestlemanias, 9.5/10.

xtremebadass

It wasn't the best WrestleMania, it was the worst I have seen since I started watching WWE since 2001.

Positives: Benoit and Eddie won the belts, Goldberg was there, Undertaker returned

Negatives: A crap load of negatives...Austin on an ATV for one

6.5/10

Lashley

Reaction score
Not the greatest.

It was cool that Eddie and Beniot left with the belts.

The Lesnar/Goldberg match was just ok.

7/10

Montana

8/10

This was the debut and or coming of age of the new stars. If you notice, Cena, Orton, Batista, Eddie, christian and Beniot won their matches.

The veterns HHH, Hbk, Angle, Jericho, Big Show, Rock Foley all lost.

Soulpower

7/10.. It had its flaws and its share of dissapointments (Lesnar-Goldberg) Chavo vs Rey Misterio, but the two titles matches more than made up for it. The triple threat match was an instant classic and the Eddie-Kurt match was another great match between those two men... And Taker returned with his Deadman gimmick.

ChiWa

Reaction score
This was the first PPV I bought and I was disappointed. It seemed everybody wanted to get through it without a f**k up. It sounded like they turned the sound of the crowd down and it wasn't as exciting as some episodes of RAW. 6/10

circle

Reaction score
Honestly, the PPV was decent...I bought the DVD b/c of the extras, but overall it was too long of a PPV to begin with...I remember being so tired and drained from watching all the matches, but the ending was great

7.5/10

Reaction score
This one suffered from being built up far too much so what would have been a reasonable (if not great) Wrestlemania became a disappointing one. It was also damaged by everyone clamouring to be a part of it so there were far too many short, talent heavy matches like the tag team fatal four ways and the cruiserweight open.

The nostalgia and dream matches were a let down too. Undertaker vs. Kane was a retro spectacle and the Rock and Sock connection vs. Evolution was an amusing divertion but neither could be considered great. The Lesnar vs. Goldberg match was train wreck, plain and simple and the inclusion of a stunner happy Stone Cold just muddied the water. The crowd turning on Brock, really pissing him off and making him flip the bird was an event in itself though.

Christian vs. Jericho, Angle vs. Eddie and of course the triple threat all delivered in a big way though and the weaker matches helped make them look even better (Wrestlemania's are always a tapestry of the brilliant and the tawdry after all). It had some great 'Wrestlemania Moments' too but I can't give it any more than a 7.5/10

For those who haven't seen it, try and watch a broadcast version rather than the DVD. WWE edited a lot of the anti-Lesnar chants and it was quite a thing to see the unedited reaction. Also, for fans of slapstick comedy, you'll also be able to see Ultimo Dragon ruin his moment on THE premier WWE event by slipping over on his way to the entrance ramp and also in the ring.

Taker

Reaction score
Wrestlemania XX isn't the best Wrestlemania, but it made some good matches. I personally enjoyed the Undertaker's Return to fight his brother, Kane. I am going to give this PPV a 8/10!

Wrestlemania XX: 8/10

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Poll #2 is between Beer Money/Rob Van Dam and Jeff Hardy Monday Night Impact 3/22 and Kurt Angle/AJ Styles Monday Night Impact 1/4

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
While Angle/AJ was overdone with the finishers I still like it better so that.

Kairi

Reaction score
usually i'd give it to tag matches, but going with aj/angle this time.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Giving this to BMI vs JH/RVD as I just can't get over the dragging of AJ/Angle. Granted it didn't drag as much as the PPV match it still dragged too much imo.