Masters says Cena works stiff, talks his relation with Vince and gimmick

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Chris Masters appeared on Inside The Ropes radio Thursday night. Highlights are as follows:

How he finds Vince McMahon backstage: “He’s above and beyond everybody. Even The Hulkster. He’s the guy that put this stuff together. They’re an odd family. They are good at business. People who are business savvy tend to come off a little cold. They don’t get too close to the performers. My first meeting with him was very cool. I told him in due time, I could definitely be a huge player for WWE.”

Who came up with Masterpiece gimmick: “Dr Tom Prichard changed my name to Masters. My friend Matt Morgan and I were sitting one day and he said Masterpiece. I brought it to Jim Cornette and he ran with it, WWE ran with it. I joke that I give 10 per cent of my salary to Matt Morgan. I’m just kidding. He always ribs that he’s responsible for it but I tell him he just had one moment of brilliance (laughs).”

On working with John Cena in 2005/06: “That guy had some heavy fists. Carlito and I used to joke around that in tag matches with Cena and HBK, we would literally rush to get to Shawn Michaels, because he wasn’t as heavy with hands and the other guy would be stuck with Cena and you’d be potato’ing each other left and right. I remember at the Elimination Chamber I felt like I was in a real shoot fight. It’s not that he’s bad, he just gets really fired up and he’s got big hands, he doesn’t realise his own strength.”

lol Cena has big hands.

Source

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I wish they hadn't fired him, in his most recent run he wrestled awesome matches on Superstars every damn week.

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

Reaction score
I think he could of had a very good career in the WWE with the right booking and writing.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
he probably doesnt realise he does it that hard cause everyones too scared of telling him incase he gets offended and messes up their career due to backstage politics.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Cena needs to be careful with that. If he hits someone hard enough he might do some bad damage to their face. Anyways Masters was pretty entertaining. I don't really understands why they never gave him better matches and had him job a few times, I think he should have at least got a midcard title once. It would have been interesting to see what kind of champion he would be.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Think it's just me who doesn't or didn't give a damn about Chris Masters. My socks have more charisma.

Well, I'm praising him because he always put on great matches during his second and was underrated, while during his first run he was pushed a lot and sucked. I credit him for going to Japan (I believe), improving, coming back and showing how much better he became although not being recognized for that.

Reaction score
Crayo said:
Think it's just me who doesn't or didn't give a damn about Chris Masters. My socks have more charisma.

I don't give a damn about Chris Masters.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Chris Masters wasn't all that impressive in the ring or on the mic.

I don't really feel like that changed much during his career in WWE. His lack of charisma really showed throughout.

wk

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
didn't teddy long used to be his manager ages ago?