Maryse Returning to the Ring

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I am a big Maryse fan, I can admit that she is not the best wrestler but she is good and I think she does better when selling the opponents moves. On her return I had mixed feeling about it first because I know that wwe will not make her a strong competitor and most likely use her as being a coward. And second considering she just had a baby I wasn't sure how good she would be in the ring ..I wanna know what you guys think about her return and what you think of Maryse as a wwe superstar as a whole. I also included a video I put together of some clips of Maryse back in 2008 if you guys can watch it and let me know what you think :) Can't wait to hear everyones opinion.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
she should be booked as a coward because thats her character and that is what she is good at.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I'm happy for Maryse to be wrestling again...as long as she
isn't going over Charlotte, Becky or Asuka of course.

Then I may have a few unkind words to say...about the
booking...not Maryse herself.

Maryse is lovely in every way.

I don't know why but I would like to see some kind of
"alliance" between Miz & Maryse & Almas & Vega. I
think that could be really entertaining while helping
some faces get over.

How about say...Bryan & Brie & Rusev & Lana?

Oh God...WWE are going to book that 8 person tag
match for the next pay per view aren't they?

Reactions: bullyballmm

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Honestly, Maryse might be my favorite female wrestler of all time, but at this stage of her career I wish she would stick to being a valet.. instead of wrestling a joke like Brie Bella.

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
she should be booked as a coward because thats her character and that is what she is good at.

Sorry to disagree with you, but the role of a coward is something no one should play. We all try to do our very best and to do less is to invite disaster. Giving it our all has carried us into the 21st century and will bring all the best things to come.

I mean, Maryse has been with the company for some time now. She´s made waves, she´s got a feisty charisma, even if at times it seems one sided, so cowardice can only damage her credibility, not increase it. WWE doesn´t seem to understand that and I feel that they will draw a lot of negative reactions from the viewers, both in the arenas and the crowds. Facing up to others has been an ages old trial by fire and the ones who survive it are the true salt of the earth. At times, Maryse is denied that and it´s not fair on her.

Let courage and strength reign. They always did when not just WWE was at its best, but every other company, too.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Sorry to disagree with you, but the role of a coward is something no one should play. We all try to do our very best and to do less is to invite disaster. Giving it our all has carried us into the 21st century and will bring all the best things to come.

I mean, Maryse has been with the company for some time now. She´s made waves, she´s got a feisty charisma, even if at times it seems one sided, so cowardice can only damage her credibility, not increase it. WWE doesn´t seem to understand that and I feel that they will draw a lot of negative reactions from the viewers, both in the arenas and the crowds. Facing up to others has been an ages old trial by fire and the ones who survive it are the true salt of the earth. At times, Maryse is denied that and it´s not fair on her.

Let courage and strength reign. They always did when not just WWE was at its best, but every other company, too.
Well she is a heel and if she is getting a negative reaction from the crowd then that is good. Cowards exist and it is not likable trait. So it's important for them to be portrayed in WWE. After all this is fiction and Maryse is a character. She plays her character well. You need cowards to react to the Asuka's and the Strowman's of the division. Their badass characters wouldn't work if they did not get a reaction.

Kamala was scared shitless from the Undertaker. That makes us buy into the Undertaker character even more.

So in Maryse's case at the moment her being a coward puts over how much of a formidable threat Bella is.

If no one played the coward then everybody would be brave. Nothing would separate the characters and story's wouldn't be as good. Imagine LOTR but all the hobbits were brave, I guess it would make Frodo's heroic journey not as heroic as he has done what everybody else was willing to do.

In wrestling most of the time it allows wrestlers to play the heroes and the villians. But it is important that you always need the cowards to react to the brave. Ying and Yang. Miz and Maryse are too good at playing the heel. Anyway, Maryse has alot to be proud about, I don't she has been treated unfairly.

Last edited: