Marvel Movie Ranking

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
I could make this a normal list thread like I did for the heroes but....I don't wanna. I found this website which you answer questions and it decides your ranking of the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies from Iron Man and Incredible Hulk to Infinity war.

MCU Movie Ranking

• Ant-Man
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
  • Captain America: Civil War
  • Infinity War
  • The Avengers
  • Spider-Man: Homecoming
  • Thor: Ragnarok
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  • Black Panther
  • Captain America: The First Avenger
  • Iron Man
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron
  • Thor: The Dark World
  • Thor
  • Iron Man 3
  • Doctor Strange
  • The Incredible Hulk
  • Iron Man 2

...I really like heist movies and Superheroes. And ants. XD

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-05-19-20-14-43.png
    Screenshot_2018-05-19-20-14-43.png
    77.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
My Results:
  • Infinity War
  • Ant-Man
  • Doctor Strange
  • Thor
  • Iron Man 3
  • Iron Man
  • Iron Man 2
  • The Incredible Hulk
  • The Avengers
  • Black Panther

Travs

The Showoff
Reaction score
My Results:

• Infinity War
  • Black Panther
  • The Avengers
  • Doctor Strange
  • Iron Man 2
  • Iron Man
  • Iron Man 3
  • Ant-Man
  • Thor
  • The Incredible Hulk

In my honest opinion, Captain America: The Winter Soldier is one of the greatest movies ever made. Just short of Empire Strikes Back.

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
My Results:
  • Infinity War
  • Ant-Man
  • Doctor Strange
  • Thor
  • Iron Man 3
  • Iron Man
  • Iron Man 2
  • The Incredible Hulk
  • The Avengers
  • Black Panther
That bottom 5 tho...I'm scared. XD

• Haha
Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Not going to do the ranking because I've only seen seven of the films and the question in the ranker is "Which would you rather watch right now" and my natural inclination is going to answer that with a movie I'd rather see since I don't like re-watching stuff generally. But I sure can rank the seven films I've seen.

I. Spider-Man: Homecoming. My personal favorite Marvel movie because I love me some Spider-Man and this movie absolutely nailed the appeal of the character to me. I actually really liked the integration of the MCU here too, I was really worried by the promotional material that the movie was going to feel more like an Iron Man movie but thankfully Tony Stark's role in that movie was to facilitate the eagerness of being a hero into the responsibility realization of what being a hero means, the whole with great power comes great responsibility shtick, that I associate so strongly with the character. As well as the balance between his personal life and superhero, that something that always makes Spider-Man special. I can't think of another superhero property where the personal/regular life is as integral to the core of the character, the way two meld together is really great. There's personal narratives going on in the school side where pretty much all the downside comes from the interruptions of being a superhero, it really helps hammer in the personal sacrifice required to be a hero. Other Superhero movies will do similar stuff, a lot time going the damsel in distress path but with Spider-Man, and especially in Homecoming, the love interest isn't in distress over some villain but about Peter having to constantly ditch her. I love this for two reasons. I. She's not in any life threatening situation, there's no added dramatic stakes that she might die, the problems presented are all emotional, personal teenage issues most people can relate too. II. The villain isn't the direct cause. She's not personally being targeted, she's completely fine, which means the price of being a superhero is voluntary. I don't know if I'm explaining this properly, the problem being something unrelated to Spidey and forces him to risk his own personal relationships to do something heroic is far more effective than if he's fighting crime to save the one he loves, you know? And the damsel in distress trope will likely come up but at the point it does will we likely have had a lot more development for the damsel in question that it'd be more effective for the audience, and also serves as a natural narrative progression in stakes.

I think I got side-track talking about tropes, the movie was blast to watch, captured Spider-Man greatly, Tom Holland is the best Spider-Man actor these movies ever got (which is unfortunately, a low bar), The Vulture was an excellent villain (my second favorite in the MCU), I'd love the subtle way they handled Uncle Ben's death, I loved the homage to the rubble scene from the comics (though I was kinda less of a fan of the Spider-Man 2 homage). Favorite MCU movie, favorite Spider-Man movie.

I'll make sure the other six entries aren't as long.

II. Black Panther ~ Of the seven films I've seen, I'd actually consider Black Panther to probably be the best constructed of the films, meaning I'd even argue it as the better than Spider-Man. It's really tightly paced, there's a stronger thematic message than in any of the other six on this list, and the soundtrack is kickin'. Obviously the biggest strengths like with Killmonger, who is far and away the best villain in the MCU. Maybe the best villain I've seen in a Superhero movie period, I loved how much time was dedicated to developing his character and giving him a true narrative and emotional arc. But my favorite thing about Killmonger, and what sets him above many other villains, is how truly vital and connected he is to T'Challa's development. He's not simply an obstacle to defeat like in many movies, his ideology actually influences T'Challa and the movie makes a strong contrast between them.

But besides Killmonger, Black Panther has the best fight choreography and shot composition in any of the MCU movies I've seen. The combat was very easy to follow with a solid mixture of natural combat and superhero spectacle. As for the latter, I can't recall a single shot more striking than the Killmonger fire shot. There's also the Killmonger sunrise scene. I'm trying not to spoil the movie in case anyone else is like me and only seen a select few. Also yes, I'm aware I said "Besides Killmonger" at the top of the paragraph and then proceeded to list two of his shots as primary examples of the beauty in Black Panther. Finally, Shuri's sneaker pun was brilliant.

III. Iron Man. The one that started it all, and I don't really remember it all that well. I recall really enjoying Tony's origin story, by far one of the most compelling ones I've seen. I remember the ending fight and villain being lame though, and that, along with my horrible memory, is mainly why I place it at three. Did considering watching Iron Man 2 & 3 but heard awful things about them so I never bothered.

IV. Captain America: Civil War. This is the only Captain America movie I've seen too. It introduced Spider-Man so of course I was going to watch it despite having seen none of the other Captain America movies. Thankfully, it wasn't really a Captain America movie but more like an Avengers/Iron Man movie. I do feel like not seeing the others hurt the film for me, mostly because they didn't really bother to give Captain America's side of the argument a lot of support. Like, Civil War spends plenty of time developing how Tony came to his side but Captain America gets nothing because we're suppose to sympathize with his side due to his relationship with Bucky. Which I have none of the context for so I didn't really care. I also really liked the villain, for reasons that are probably too spoilery. Ultimately though, this movie ranks this high for the Spider-Man scenes and the entirety of the Airport fight, those were really fun and justified the price of admission.

V. Infinity War. I don't know how to talk about this movie in a way that doesn't contain spoilers. I'll just say it was pretty fun, I really enjoyed seeing the different characters collide especially since they carried the same tones from their films it made it a blast even seeing characters I don't have familiarity with, like the Guardians of the Galaxy. And despite only seeing a small selection of the films, I was never lost. Even with how much focus the Guardians got, I felt their characters were established fairly quickly and efficiently while any pertinent information was brought up quickly. And the movie was just propulsive, every scene had something going on it was a blast to watch. Just seeing these characters interact was so cool, I really loved Rocket and Thor's story, especially their one quiet. Thanos is a well-developed villain and essentially making him the protagonist worked but I'm not as crazy on him as many seem too. He was certainly never sympathetic to me, and not interesting as a character on his own right but more a source of conflict that we understood a little more. I kinda wish he had the comic book motivation of wanting to bone Lady Death because that'd be a lot more fun. I wasn't really a fan of the cheesy soap-box plot beats delivered in a rote boring dramatic slow-down that accompanied it. And for reasons that exist outside the movie, the ending didn't have any impact on me. Also the fight on Titan was great, the fight at Wakanda not so much. It was very chaotic and busy and not very interesting to follow. Could go more in-depth but I don't want to talk spoilers and I hate how long this post is already.

VI. The Avengers. Was a bit tough to decide between this and Infinity War. The Avengers is a fun superhero movie that builds to an incredibly fun climax. Everything from Banner's secret reveal onward is some of the most fun I've had in the MCU. But I did feel the movie dragged a lot in the set-up. Which is basically why I put it below Infinity War, which was propulsive from beginning to end.

VII. Dr Strange ~ Hey so I seen eight movies from Marvel. Yeah, I completely forgot about Dr. Strange until now. It's possibly higher than the crossovers but because I forgot it, I'm leaving it here. One of the least funny movies imo, and the story isn't anything special. There's a nice moment here and there with the ending fight being brilliant but this movie isn't about the plot. It's about those visual effects. Watching that movie in the theatres was a trip, I loved the visual stylization of their powers, it was absolutely breath-taking.

VIII. Avengers 2: Age of Ultron. Hated it. The Hulkbuster scene was fantastic, the pick up mah hammer Mjolnir scene was fun, everything else. So boring and so long. Two big problems with the film. Problem one, the quipping. Look quipping is fun, unless you're in a Sam Raimi film, Spider-Man quips all the time. But if you're in an Avengers 2 film and everybody is quipping all the time, that's a problem. Nobody in the films carries over any idiosyncrasies in their speech, whether you're the serious Captain American or Mr. Tony Snarks, their dialogue in combat is completely interchangeable. This is a big crossover movie but it felt like I was listening to the same character, Whedon did a really bad job of allowing this guys individual personalities to showcase, instead opting to filter in a bunch of snark quips whenever he can regardless of who's saying that. Infinity War nailed this, hell The Avengers made this work. The second problem is Ultron is a terrible villain whom I wasn't able to take seriously for one second because he was played way too much for comedy. Also, he took-over the internet and somehow still lost? Cause that's impressive. Oh, and I know I said two things but the screaming "I a monster" motif was bad, and Black Widow's coming from her inability to give birth was particularly awful. Hated it.

Reactions: Solid Snake