Mark Munoz Targets Return To UFC In Spring

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
The injury that knocked Mark Munoz out of his bout with Chael Sonnen has been giving the fighter fits since back in 2008. On Thursday, Munoz underwent surgery to remove floating bone chips in his right elbow.

Munoz was slated to compete in the biggest fight of his career, as a shot at UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva was on the line against Sonnen at UFC on FOX 2. However, after feeling the elbow slip and a pair of pops in training, Munoz went to a doctor and was told he needed surgery.

"It's definitely a hard pill to swallow," said Munoz, in an interview with MMAFighting.com. "Everything happens for a reason. In my mind, I can't see it now, but I truly believe in my heart, soul and mind, I'll be stronger because of it."

Munoz, who sports a 12-2 record and a four-fight win streak, said he started having elbow problems as a fighter in the WEC during his first bout in 2008. The opportunities presented to him by the UFC, however, kept him active and in the cage, instead of going under the knife.

Munoz added that he will not be able to train for four-to-six weeks, but is targeting a return to action in either late April or early May. Michael Bisping has been picked to face Sonnen, with the winner still receiving a shot at Silva later in the year.

Fightline.com

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
That has to be a real tough break cause you fight for the chance to be champion. He was literally one fight away from a championship fight and now because of his injury he has to sit out. But in the end it should be for the better.