Mark Munoz Talks Anderson Silva

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Mark “The Filipino Wrecking Machineâ€￾ Munoz will get a chance to step into the number one contender slot when he faces Chael Sonnen at UFC on FOX 2. A win for Munoz all but guarantees a bout with champion Anderson Silva, and Munoz has plenty to say in regards to a potential clash with the dominant champion.

“Anderson tends to have trouble with wrestlers. I’m a strong wrestler and I go out there and make it dirty. That’s exactly how Chael is. He goes out there, gets in your face and grinds out matches. I’m the same kind of fighter but I demonstrate more power. When we are on the ground you do not want me on top of you. I’m confident in every position and I’ve never been submitted in a fight.â€￾ stated Munoz while appearing on HeavyMMA’s Fight Day.

“Fans haven’t had the opportunity to actually see my jiu-jitsu, but I have great jiu-jitsu defense which actually compliments my wrestling and allows me to do what I do best. The Donkey Kong comes out. I get on top of someone and then boom, boom, boom. It’s just what I do.â€￾

Munoz will learn his fate on January 28th, when he looks to knock Chael Sonnen out of title contention, which he seems hell bent on accomplishing. “There are bounties for Chael down in Brazil,â€￾ Munoz explained. “But he doesn’t have to worry about it, because he’s not going to have to go down there.â€￾