Mark Briscoe on Talk is Jericho

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
03-preston-vance-vs-mark-briscoe-rampage-2023-05-05_006.webp

Mark Briscoe believes his current run on AEW programming is a gift from his late brother, Jay.

The Briscoes had been banned from AEW television due to offensive Tweets Jay posted in 2011 & 2013, as well as having previously worn the Confederate flag on their ring gear.

Mark appeared on Talk is Jericho on Wednesday and said Jay felt guilty over the brothers not being on national television.

Briscoe said:

Jay had such, whether it was warranted or whatever the word is I'm looking here for, he had such guilt that we never did make it to TV. He felt it was his fault.

The ban on the Briscoes appearing on AEW television was lifted a week after Jay's death. Mark Briscoe was then booked to wrestle Jay Lethal on the January 25th edition of Dynamite, which would have been Jay's 39th birthday.

Briscoe continued:

That first night being his birthday, it was almost like wow, this is his gift to me, his gift to us. For one, I just know how strong he was in his faith, and his perspective and his thoughts on God and eternity and stuff. So, I know that he was not afraid to die. He didn't want to leave any of us, especially his kids, his family, of course, he would never want to leave them without him but I know that he did not fear death.
Here we are on his birthday, a week after he passed, and he's like, 'There you go, go ahead baby, go ahead, do what we do.'
If I went and balled up in a corner and cried and was sad and just couldn't function, Jamin would do whatever he could do in his afterlife powers to haunt my ass into the ring.
For that to happen in the timing that it happened, just the timing of it, it's like, 'Well, this is the next step.' I'm carrying on. I'm carrying on for me and him. Let's just roll with it, you know? Until there is an obvious sign or an obvious indication that this isn't what I'm supposed to be doing, let's keep on rockin and rollin'. So, it was great, especially to be against Lethal, that was great.

AEW was in Baltimore last week, which is a couple hours' drive from the Briscoes' home in Laurel, Delaware. Mark defeated Preston Vance on Rampage and then spoke about his brother after the match. Several members of the Pugh family joined him in the ring as well.

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler