Marina Shafir on The Sessions w/ Renee Pacquette, confirms that she's contracted to AEW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
a12d258f-6735-44c0-bf68-0aeded1573a1.jpg

If there was any doubt as to Marina Shafir's status with AEW, that can now be dismissed.

During her appearance on Renee Paquette's podcast this week, Shafir was talking about her schedule and referenced "before I got signed with AEW" when answering a question:

"Before I got signed with AEW, I was doing indie shows here and there but then the schedule just got crazy because then I got signed and I was like, oh f**k, I’m spending no time with my family, you know?," she said.

It's unknown how many years she is under contract for and whether it precludes her from working elsewhere.

Shafir debuted nearly a year ago on an early-December AEW Dark taping in Orlando, Florida. She continued to work several Dark matches before making her Dynamite debut in mid-April. Since then, she has been a Dark and Dark: Elevation regular with a handful of appearances on Dynamite and Rampage.

Shafir was released in June 2021 by WWE after nearly four years in the company. She has also worked a few indie matches since being released.

Responding to a Paquette question about why there was never the long-discussed Four Horsewomen (herself, Ronda Rousey, Jessamyn Duke and Shayna Baszler) vs. Charlotte Flair, Sasha Banks, Bayley and Becky Lynch match in WWE, Shafir gave her opinion.

"There are egos at play. I learned that there are too many f**king cooks in the kitchen sometimes in more ways than one." she said.

She felt like she never got a proper introduction in WWE NXT and was told that if they had ten of her, "this place would be so different." However, she said she wasn't doing anything and never understood what that meant.

She talked about wanting the "Triple H photo" that Paul Levesque takes with other signed talents and using that as a driving factor.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I mean I was in the camp for some time about that 4on4 match but it would have been such a tough sell given how Shafir & Duke were the drizzling shits and just hang ons basically. Ronda & Shayna vs. Bayley & Sasha and then Charlotte & Becky though, absolutely.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I mean I was in the camp for some time about that 4on4 match but it would have been such a tough sell given how Shafir & Duke were the drizzling shits and just hang ons basically. Ronda & Shayna vs. Bayley & Sasha and then Charlotte & Becky though, absolutely.

I remember saying it was gonna be the Evolution 2 main event and then Marina and Jessamyn made their NXT debut and I said nvm that night lol Ronda and Shayna just took to it so quick i didn't think they'd have issues :heston marina thankfully is better (just not on the mic), I'm crediting Roddy

• Haha
Reactions: Dale

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
was told that if they had ten of her, "this place would be so different." However, she said she wasn't doing anything and never understood what that meant.
Clearly it means if there 10 more of her, that place would be the shits.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
It could have worked as a celebrity match but yeah never in a real 4v4 showcase. Marina has gotten better but imo she's at least like 2 years away from being a good midcard heel realistically. The match could have made some money for sure but I think it's for the best it never happened lol