Maria Kanellis Questions Stephanie McMahon’s Advocacy For Women In Wrestling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
ROH star Maria Kanellis recently appeared on the KAWADA DRIVER show and said the advocacy for women in wrestling put forth by WWE Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon is more promotional than anything else.

Kanellis and husband Mike Bennett left WWE last year amid other COVID-19 budget cuts. In this new interview she wondered how Stephanie deals with WWE not doing any kind of women’s empowerment pay-per-view events after the all-women’s Evolution show in 2018.

“So you have all these pointless pay-per-views, you have the opportunity to do a women’s empowerment pay-per-view and you don’t do it? I don’t get it,” Maria said. “I don’t know how Stephanie McMahon deals with that.

“Like as a woman, I’ve been very outspoken about women’s wrestling and women in wrestling. It should come as no surprise that as a woman I couldn’t deal with that. If I had all that power in the industry I couldn’t deal with that. I have minimum power in this industry and I am fighting my tail off to create more opportunities.”

Maria continued and named some of the projects she would have the WWE women’s division involved in if she had the power that Stephanie does.

“If I had that much power there would be a whole show plus a reality show that actually covers the girls live,” she said. “Plus on top of that we would have a makeup line and be on the cover of Vogue saying: ‘Guess what? These women are badasses and they are beautiful in their own right.'”

Maria and Mike are currently working for ROH after recently signing contracts with the company.

Stay tuned for more. You can see Maria’s full interview below:

Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2...nie-mcmahons-advocacy-for-women-in-wrestling/

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Total Divas isn't a reality show?

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Maria does have a fair point about Stephanie McMahon.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
MAybe it's because Stephanie knows that all women's centric shows don't draw.

Like she's trying to run a business....go woke, go broke.

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
The time that WWE wanted to buy Stardom, an all woman promotion. Yet don't do an all woman event. :heston

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
So Evolution didn't happen?

Mae Young Classic?

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
The time that WWE wanted to buy Stardom, an all woman promotion. Yet don't do an all woman event. :heston

Hmm who could forget that I don't at all. Rossy asked Vince and WWE what was their plan for Stardom once he purchased the Company and he had no idea which is why Rossy sold to Bushiroad. I imagine if Vince did get Stardom alot of these girls they wouldn't know how to market outside a few of them and people like me wouldn't be happy to see the best Joshi Company in the World right now to me being used as an afterthought within the Company especially since they put over talent like Kairi and Io where they started him. I'm happy Maria called out Stephanie she's a powerful Woman in the industry do more or stop bs people like you doing great things for your Women on a consistent basis. People forget when 205 Live started people weren't going to see the Show right off the bat it took time and investment to go along with their great Matches they had for so long. All that happened and it all was going well then they started cherry picking talent to the other brands which is hurting 205 Live I feel so much right now. If WWE wants to do a Brand with all Women do what you did with 205 Live and see where it goes.

Reactions: Buffy