Manny Gamburyan Out of UFC 135 Bout With Diego Nunes

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
manny-gamburyan1_large_large.jpg
Former WEC featherweight title challenger and Ultimate Fighter 5 finalist Manny Gamburyan has been forced out of his UFC 135 fight with Diego Nunes due to injury. It would have been his second bout since his return to the UFC. He turned to his twitter to explain the situation today:

.bbpBox103192047523082240 {background:url(http://a2.twimg.com/profile_background_images/144074808/background2.gif) #C0DEED;padding:20px;} p.bbpTweet{background:#fff;padding:10px 12px 10px 12px;margin:0;min-height:48px;color:#000;font-size:18px !important;line-height:22px;-moz-border-radius:5px;-webkit-border-radius:5px} p.bbpTweet span.metadata{display:block;width:100%;clear:both;margin-top:8px;padding-top:12px;height:40px;border-top:1px solid #fff;border-top:1px solid #e6e6e6} p.bbpTweet span.metadata span.author{line-height:19px} p.bbpTweet span.metadata span.author img{float:left;margin:0 7px 0 0px;width:38px;height:38px} p.bbpTweet a:hover{text-decoration:underline}p.bbpTweet span.timestamp{font-size:12px;display:block}

I'm of from the UFC 135 card I hurt my shoulder and MRI is not looking good I just wanna say sorry to I'll my friends and fans I'll bf back!less than a minute ago via Echofon Favorite Retweet Reply Manny Gamburyan
MannyGamburyan

There has been no official word from the UFC regarding the injury as of yet, and no replacement has been named. Gamburyan was looking to break a two-fight losing streak at UFC 135 before the injury. He was knocked out by Jose Aldo at WEC 51, and most recently dropped a majority decision to Tyson Griffin at UFC on Versus 4 in June. Nunes is looking to rebound from a loss as well, having dropped a unanimous decision to Kenny Florian at UFC 131 after three prior wins in a row.

More SBN Coverage of UFC 135