Malakai Black dealing with calf/knee injury

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
07-acclaimed-interview_2023_08_16_-aew_dynamite_0010.webp

Malakai Black provided an injury update on social media recently.

The 38-year-old hasn't wrestled since AEW All In last month when The House of Black dropped the Trios titles to The Acclaimed.

Black gave an update on Instagram Stories early Wednesday morning and revealed he has been dealing with a slight calf tear and a hyperextended knee. He debunked rumors that he is once again dealing with a back injury.

"About a year ago, I made a video about rehabbing a back injury that I had. The video shows the process, and I talk about overcoming that injury, strengthening my back," Black said. "After the video was posted, people started running with this idea that 'Oh, he has a bad back and therefore A, B, or C,' which is not the case at all. And for some reason that has found its way back and again the narrative is ‘Well, he’s not had singles matches etc. because he has a bad back, he nearly retired because of it,’ and none of these things are true."

"Why am I not having singles matches? I don’t know. I think it’s because they really wanted us, House of Black, to do six-mans. I was also not in six-mans to hide said non-existing injury."

"Again, rest assured I do not have a bad back and the reason why I am at home right now is due to a minor injury, which is I had a slight calf tear and hyperextension in my knee, which is almost nursed back and almost ready to go back on the road etc. Again, I appreciate the concern, but the reality is I’m fine and you will see me sooner rather than later, but again, I appreciate the concern."

Black posted a video in August 2022 detailing a back injury he suffered which he was worried would be career-threatening, saying "Till about 3 months ago I was dealing with a back injury I was convinced was going to force me into retirement.” The following month, Black posted a statement revealing that he requested his release from AEW due to "promises in my professional field that were not upheld."

Black debuted for AEW in July 2021 after having previously been with WWE since 2016. His House of Black team with Buddy Matthews and Brody King won the AEW World Trios titles at Revolution earlier this year by defeating The Elite. They held the titles until dropping them to the Acclaimed last month.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Butters

That's Me!
Reaction score
Def something someone with a bad back would say

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler