Major injury at SD Tapings (SPOILERS!!!)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

Source: The Wrestling Observer

Dave Meltzer is reporting that Matt Hardy suffered a 7 inch gash that required 35 stitches to lose last night in Kansas City at the TV tapings.

He was giving Rey Mysterio a splash mountain and Mysterio's knee brace caught him in the head. He was bleeding buckets and they had to stop the show to change the mat because of all the blood. At this point, his status for Cyber Sunday is uncertain.

First things first... YEAH!! Matt Hardy decided to use Splash Mountain in one of his matches. But what a terrible break. MVP vs Matt has been the best thing on WWE this year (In my opinion anyways) and now he might miss CS. Here's hoping he can make a speedy recovery.

PeepShow

I read the spoilers and it said it was just a major blade job gone bad. IDK though. Interesting....

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKkk

Thank god its not like carrer threatning or anything....Matt has always been about sacrificing himself to please us,the fans...

Get well soon Matt!

kevin82593dmk

Reaction score
that sucks

i hope he gets better
m_5c4380a86986d33e3e2517bacbf410a6.gif

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
Wow this is just another wrestler added to the list. This has definitely been a real bad year for injuries for the WWE (not TNA really).

Reaction score
And it continues...this sucks. I have faith though, Hardy seems to be one of the tougher guys in the company so hopefully he can battle through/recover soon.

LKP

Its not an injury just a cut man. I think his match with mvp on sunday will be rigged for a wrestling match so they can wrestle a safe match if his head is busted.

The Rated R CMStar

Just when he was getting pushed.

But still(pulling out a Peepshow) let's not jump to conclusions, we'll have to wait and see what will happen at CS

PeepShow

^Well, we never should. Its just a fact. Over 50% of the shit we here in news on this forum never even turns out to be true anyways. I really dont see what the big deal is here though. I mean not that these types of things arent bad, but a cut on the forehead. Ive seeen much worse. No offense. I still hope he gets back soon

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Don't like Hardy but I can't hate here, hope he gets better. Someone wanna tell me what a splash mountain is?

Reaction score
Im not necessarily a big fan of his. Couldn't this all be solved with stitches, no big spot fests and safe wrestling at Cyber Sunday?

MVP BalliN

Reaction score
Wdf he was bleeding in buckets of blood thats alot its guna be disgusting to see if it's on tv! atleast mvp didnt get hurt he finaly will get something else to do instead of the compitition stuff.

Fatal 55

Reaction score
^ He sure writes the same as Showstopper! :g:

Anyweis back on topic... The injury sounds pretty gruesome, i'm sure 7 inches on the head was rather over-exagurated but still I'm pretty sure it's quite serious. In all likely hood, the feud between the two of Hardy & MVP will continue, because after all they did stall the feud when MVP had an injury!

This might also get Hardy even more over with the fans. (Remember Hardcore Holly 2006) They could play the sympathy role or use it in 1 form or another in the storyline! Most importantly is is health first of course so here's to hoping he makes a speedy recovery if in fact this is true!

Reaction score
from Mat's blog on MySpace....

What Doesn’t Kill You Makes You Stronger...Eventually...

Hey guys and gals! Thank you so-so much for all the get well soon wishes. From the bottom of my heart, they absolutely mean the world to me--especially when I'm hurting. And since the issue is kinda already out there, I'm gonna address it. I'm gonna make this short and sweet--I've been hurt before, and I'll be hurt again. Although sometimes the injury is pretty extreme--and I feel alot like Frankenstein right now--you can't just curl up and die. "I Will Not Die" means alot more to me than four little words that anyone can write down or say. It is truly my way of life. To me, pain is only temporary--but pride last forever. I've got a date and a commitment this Sunday--and come hell or high water, I'm gonna be there. Defying the odds define Matt Hardy. And I've got alot more guts and balls then brains--so I'll seeya at Cyber Sunday as long as it's in my control. Godspeed my amigos! Say a prayer for me, I could use it right now...

AND BY GOD... DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR A GOOD OLD CLASSIC WRESTLING MATCH FOR CYBER SUNDAY MY AMIGOS!

Quote of the day - "Remember--we are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabola

Matt