Maiquel Falcao Denies Having A Heart Attack

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Onetime UFC vet Maiquel Falcao (28-4 MMA, 0-0 BFC) has returned home from the hospital and is now resting at home.

And while initial reports suggested "Big Rig" had suffered a heart attack, Falcao now says his hospitalization was simply the result of some overtraining, and he expects a quick return to action.

In fact, the recent Bellator signee said he's looking forward to making a run in the promotion's upcoming season-six middleweight tournament.

"I wish to say that I've had some health problems caused by excessive training," Falcao stated in a post on his official Facebook page. "This generated several rumors, but none of them is true. What actually happened was too much training, not enough rest."

According to his manager, Marcelo Brigadeiro, Falcao was accepted one week ago into the Intensive Care Unit of the Santa Casa de Pelotas hospital in Brazil. However, the Brazilian has since been released and expects a quick return to action.

"I want to say that I'm already getting ready to put on a great show in California in the Bellator grand prix," Falcao stated.

Falcao, of course, is perhaps best known for a one-and-done stint in the UFC. Following a controversial win over Gerald Harris, after which his opponent was released despite a solid octagon record, Falcao was then also dropped from the promotion when lingering legal issues prevented his involvement in this past August's "UFC: Rio" card.

Falcao has not been officially announced as a participant in Bellator's upcoming 185-pound tournament, but as long as health issues do not persist, his inclusion is expected.

MMAjunkie.com