Main Event results 3/25

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Starting out, We're told we're going to get another number one contender match with Big E sitting ringside with all the same guys from last night's show sans Christian. The winner will get a shot at the strap later in this same show.

That's amazing.

Christian is out, by the way, because of a "slight concussion".

Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Dolph Ziggler
Typical triple threat psychology early. Two guys in while one guy sells on the outside and they switch. Del Rio clearly made to look lesser in favor of a Sheamus-Ziggler showcase. It's actually a fresh match-up, if I'm thinking right.

It feels fresh either way.

Ziggler was really over with the crowd. The match was a little disjointed but got over well for its big spots, like Sheamus getting a Cloverleaf on Ziggler only for Sheamus to superkick him for a two count. On the comeback, Ziggler hit a Fame-Asser for a two count of his own.

My stream started skipping at this point. Not good.

It came back to Sheamus hitting a Brogue Kick on Ziggler before White Noise on Del Rio for a two count.

The finish was slick: Sheamus was about to counter the Cross Armbreaker with a powerbomb but Del Rio stood up. Sheamus missed a Brogue Kick into the ropes, at which point Del Rio hit the Backstabber. At the same time, though, Ziggler hit the Zig Zag and got the pin on Del Rio.

Ziggler def. Sheamus, Del Rio

In the ring, Big E shows up and Renee Young is there to do an interview. Dolph says, "I did it. I'm going to WrestleMania. I'M GOING TO WRESTLEMANIA. But I'm going to do it as the Intercontinental champion."

He goes on to say he's "full of charisma and full of myself". Big E talks about Ziggler teaching him the ins and outs while they were running together. He's no "show off", but he is the Intercontinental champion. They wish each other good luck and shake hands.

Two babyfaces with respect for each other. Nice.

10 Diva tag match up next as a preview to WrestleMania 30 and the Vickie Guerrero Invitational.

AJ Lee out on commentary. YES!

Emma, Natalya, Eva Marie, Cameron, Naomi vs. Summer Rae, Layla, Alicia Fox, Aksana, Tamina
Emma does not fit in here. She's totally unique.

AJ on commentary is complaining about having to defend the title against every Diva at once. It's not fair and all that. Meanwhile Emma tags out to Eva Marie and she executes a basic side headlock hip toss before Fox took control.

Now AJ is saying she's not even sure what the rules to her match at WrestleMania are. Well, WWE.com said it's one-fall to a finish and it would seem all 14 women are in the ring at the same time. It was specifically mentioned that AJ doesn't need to get pinned to lose.

Then again, the right hand rarely knows what the left hand is doing in WWE.

Back in the ring and Naomi almost killed Tamina with a busted hurricanrana. She lived long enough to smash Emma and Eva Marie after both teams got involved, then superkicked Naomi's head off and got the pinfall victory.

AJ got in the ring and held Tamina's hand up, all excited for her win. Tamina gave her a terrifying death stare. AJ responded to this by hugging her tightly then skipping off with the belt over her shoulder.

Bad News Barrett was next.

He said John Cena is clearly freaked out about Bray Wyatt, just like everyone in the crowd is freaked out when they look in the mirror. He thinks everyone should wear the same sheep mask Cena wore on Raw. That way friends, family, and the average man on the street would never have to be confronted with the reality of their hideous faces.

Weak.

Big E vs. Dolph Ziggler
Jobber entrance for Big E but Dolph got the full treatment for the second time tonight, only spaced about 30 minutes apart. They did the UFC/boxing style intros.

Big E was in control for most of the match. Ziggler made a few nice comebacks getting a near fall on a Fame-Asser but falling to the Big Ending. They did a good job of making this feel like it could be a big moment for Dolph winning the Intercontinental title, but ultimately put Big E over strong bumping all around for him.

After the match, the two came face to face and shook hands before hugging and staying friends. That's good to see.

End.

Source: cagesideseats.com

Reactions: Wilby

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Wow, came in to hate but will watch for sure.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Looks like Main Event is really getting good again... the last one I watched was like months ago when they had top guys on it. Now with the Fatal 4 way from RAW minus Christian (that RAW match was brilliant) and Big E vs Ziggler, I could watch it.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
That was a terrific triple threat to open the show and a hell of a match between Big E and Ziggler.

wk

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
It was a really good Main Event, really thought they might do a rare title change off of RAW/SD/PPV.
Not opposed to the result though, Ziggler had a good showing in both matches.