Machida Would Like To Fight Hendo, Also Open To Drop To 185

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Talking about the fighting world now… You’ve been through an elbow surgery. How you doing?

I’m training although I’m not using my left arm yet. I’m doing things I can do without using my left side, like running, working my legs out and I’m doing pretty intense physiotherapy sessions with Dr. Angelo, who’s my physiotherapist, a guy who’s responsible for my recovery, helping me to do fighting moves and healing.

Do you know when you’ll be healed?

Well, I believe in 20 days I’ll be 100% and prepared for a tougher training, that involves fighting, on which I can train my whole body.

What are you expecting for the future? Who do you believe can come next?

I’m waiting UFC’s suggestion. I guess in April or May, but in case it doesn’t happen I’ll suggest Dan Henderson, who’s a good guy. I know he’s on the line for the belt, but if this fight against Jon Jones doesn’t happen, I’d like to fight him.

Is it a good way for you to get on the line for the title again, right?

He’s a legend in the sport, a champion in many events, like Rings, Pride, Strikeforce… I’d like to test my technique against his.

Do you believe you can fight at UFC Sao Paulo in June?

Well, of course I’d like to fight in Brazil, it would be a huge pleasure, but I’d like to fight more this year. If I can fight three times it’d be great, so I want to fight in April or early in May and have another chance to fight in Brazil would be a great opportunity…

Now Rashad’s fighting Phil Davis and Dan Henderson is the next on the line. How do you see your weight class currently?

I guess this event will define many things, where are things going. If Rashad wins, I guess he’s the next contender. If Phil Davis wins, I guess he’s gonna have to fight one more time at least. It’s hard to say, I’m also looking at my position right now and waiting for a bigger definition.

Anderson said he doesn’t see anyone beating Jon Jones. Do you agree with that?

I don’t agree, but it’s his personal opinion, we gotta respect. But I don’t agree. I believe there’re athletes who can defeat him. I guess being well trained is possible, I believe in my work and, within time, I guess I’ll have another opportunity. My next step is now Jon Jones, I’m not thinking about it. I’m much more worried about my next fight.

People talked about you dropping to the middleweight class. Do you consider doing it?

Well, I have other goals in my division first. But, who knows, in the future, after I achieve all my goals, I can drop.

Can you make 185lbs easily?

I don’t like dehydrating like people do, I always try to stay on my natural weight and I feel great that way. I train with heavier people and I see a big difference. It’s something I feel good. It’d be my call to drop to the middleweight, it would be a challenge, something new.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
No point in him dropping down while hes still relevant in his division and wont fight Anderson anyway.

I see him beating Hendo 99 times out of a 100.

Hendo is too predictable and one dimentional, Machida is way too clever for a guy like that.

Obviously I see why everyone is calling Hendo out though, hes just proved his worth in a legit FOTY contender and his name value is high....the reward outweighs the risk. Cant see him being as competitive against a guy like Jones or Machida.