Machida Wants Jones Rematch In Brazi

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
“It would be perfect [to fight Jones in Brazil]. Not only to fight at home but also because the Brazilian fans behave in a special way, different, it a different thrill, a special energy. I hope we can look for this revenge in Brazil, who knowsâ€￾, Machida told Journal Extra.

“It can happen any where. I want to fight in Brazil with the support of the Brazilian public. It would be great at any city,â€￾ he said, unconcerned as the exact location as long as it was somewhere in Brazil.

Jones has no reason to offer Machida a rematch nor oblige him by fighting in Brazil, but he did seem to enjoy the energy he got from the Rio crowd. “Maybe when these guys come back to Brazil, I will too. I liked the Brazilian fans support for me very much. I was definitely proud.

Can't see them doing this fight in Brazil if they were to do it again, at the next show in Brazil over the Summer the middleweight title is going to be defended between Anderson Silva/Sonnen or Bisping also the Ultimate Fighter Finale between Wandy/Vitor is going to be on that card as well.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Machida needs a couple of good wins before getting a rematch.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Machida needs a couple of good wins before getting a rematch.
And in the time being Jones has Rashad (presumably) and Hendo

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Machida got choked out and sent to the back of the line. Surely he can win his way back to a rematch but its going to probably be next year before he is able to get a shot. Right now we have Shad and Hendo in line. And IF one of them were to beat Jones then surely Jones will get a rematch in there as well. So that's 3 light heavyweight title fights right there.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I'd say he should fight someone like Kyle Kingsbury then the winner of Gustafsson/Nogueria (not sure if he'll fight Little Nog though).

Just looked at the 205lbs division and its really lame at the moment.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I highly doubt Machida would fight Lil Nog. Its like code in Brazil against fighting teammates cause there its like family. You don't fight your brother. Machida/Lil Nog won't be happening. Probably for Machida he'll get Davis after Shad tears him apart. And that'll get him on the right track. After that I dunno. the division is top heavy.