Machida Knows The Path To Beat Jones And If It Doesn’t Work He’ll Drop To 185

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Of course any loss is painful for a fighter. I lost but I still have three more fights at UFC and now my main goal is to be the champion of the weight class and bring the belt back to Para. Now it is a challenge to beat Jones and bounce back. We already know the path to get to him and in the next fight the things should happen with more ease. I wanted to thank the fans for the support. I know we gave our best and I know we did our best. We hired everybody we could but the result is not always the way we want. I think we always have to be learning something out of this and it is through the loss that we learn more than with the victory. I have been reading some messages on Twitter, on the Internet, and I only got to say thanks and say everything is okay with me, it’s alright, let’s go to the next one. I am a professional and it is part of my career: to win or to lose. I hope the next time we can celebrate together!â€￾

“Now, I don’t want to change [to middleweight]- but if I am not the light heavyweight champion it really could happen.â€￾

Former UFC light-heavyweight champion, Lyoto Machida in a recent interview with Fighters Only, talks about his most recent outing against Jon Jones for the UFC title.

After suffering defeat for only the third time in his career, Machida was the most successful of any fighter trying to take out the champ, Jon Jones. While things may have not gone his way in the fight, he did show that he has the ability to possibly out strike the champion using good range and footwork to bounce in and out in his attacks.

Will a rematch with the champ be in his future? Who knows… But according to Machida if it doesn’t happen he would consider the drop to middleweight and try his hands in that division.

Thoughts?

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Machida as a middleweight would be very interesting. But since I don't see him getting a title shot for the Light-heavyweight anytime soon he may drop but... I thought it was said that Silva and Machida would never fight each other. And if Machida wants a title again... that's who he'd have to take down.

Could pose for some very interesting things. But... as far as the move... I think he might try it since he has 3 fights left on his contract. He'd dominate in the division

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah i think Machida as a middleweight would sick, and if he does get another title shot it won't be for a while as the Light heavyweight title picture is pretty much all laid out through the next couple months. And Jon Jones said he wanted to take a little break after his next fight as well.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Next fights... Rashad after he beats Phil Davis. Then whoever wins tween Rashad and Jones will more than likely face off against Hendo. And inbetween that time Machida would have to have probably 2 top tier fights and dominate to be in contention after Hendo and that could be probably round December at the earliest for a light heavyweight title shot. If he moved to Middleweight it'd prob just be one top tier fight cause Sonnen will probably win his fight and get the shot against Anderson. And after Sonnen... the only other option is Bisping... so Machida/Bisping for contendership and boom... second fight in that division he has a shot.

Middleweight is drained.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I had to read that a few times lol but yeah, Machida going up against any of those guys could be really good fights. We'll see though.

Last edited:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He did well in the first two rounds until that elbow opened him up.

He'll always be a contender at the weight so no point moving, IMO.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah if that Elbow never connected the fight could've easily went the other way.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't see him dropping unless Dana White tells him he won't get another title shot. He did well against Jones so it would be encouraging for him if they ever fight again.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
If he does get another shot at Jones, it won't be for awhile but still who even knows if Jones will be champion very much longer :p

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
That is a fair point but at the moment I am thinking of Jones like I think of Silva and GSP, he will hold the title for some time because he has looked so good in his previous fights. Even when he was hit by Machida he never looked in too much trouble.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah i was just saying he's likely going to have to fight Rashad or Dan Henderson next, both tough opponents but I'm thinking the same way as you I'm thinking it'll be a few years before he drops the title.