M-1 Targets July For Fedor's Next Fight

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Fedor Emelianenko's next fight could be in a very sunny place.

M-1 Global Director of Operations Evgeni Kogan today told MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com) that Monaco – a city-state surrounded by France and Italy – is targeted to host the Russian heavyweight's next fight, likely in July.

Although Bobby Lashley (7-1) has been discussed as a possible opponent, the promotion is leaning toward "a European fighter" to meet Emelianenko (33-4).

"But this is all in the works right now, and nothing is confirmed," Kogan said.

Emelianenko continues to rebound after a three-fight skid that prompted his exit from Strikeforce this past summer. Most recently, he knocked out Satoshi Ishii at "DREAM: New Year! 2011," and a month prior, he outpointed veteran Jeff Monson.

Neither of those wins have deterred critics who say his time has past. Most notable among them is UFC president Dana White, who said Emelianenko "sucks" during an ambush interview with celebrity gossip website TMZ.

Losses to Fabricio Werdum, Antonio Silva and Dan Henderson put a stop to one of the most impressive and celebrated win streaks in the sport's history. Prior to his slump, Emelianenko was virtually unbeaten in 10 years and reigned over the PRIDE heavyweight division until the promotion was sold to the UFC in March 2007.

Kogan declined to disclose other fighters under consideration for the July bout.

Lashley, a former WWE wrestler, most recently appeared in the cage this past November when he notched a first-round submission over Karl Knothe at Shark Fights 21. That built on a unanimous decision over John Ott at Titan Fighting Championship 17 eight months prior.

When the report came out that Lashley wanted the fight, i had no idea that M-1 was already talking about it possibly happening i thought it was just Lashley talking about it.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I still think that Lashley would be an absolute joke if he was pegged to fight Fedor. The question would then be... how long til Fedor finishes him off.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Snooze.

Wake me up when he fights someone decent.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Snooze.

Wake me up when he fights someone decent.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
As long as M-1 Global is picking and running... Fedor isn't going to get anybody but cans :(