M-1 Global Wants Fedor Vs Cain Velasquez

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Although it may not be as significant in the MMA landscape as it may have been say, 3 years ago, M-1 Global President Vadim Finkelstein has given an interview to a Russian website outlining the promotions future plans, of which include a request to UFC President Dana White for a Fedor Emelianenko vs. Cain Velasquez match in Russia.

Highlights of the interview included:

- M-1 will offer UFC a one-time fight Fedor vs. Cain.

- The fight is to be in Russia.

- Vadim believes that a fight between Fedor vs. Cain would bring in just as much money if not more than any UFC fight. Says the interest in Russia towards MMA and Fedor in particular is huge.

- Says Alexander is still not signed with M-1, but if he signs there may likely be DREAM vs. M-1 fights and Alex will participate.

- For New Year's show, they are trying to have Fedor vs. Ishii, but nothing is signed yet, but M-1 is hoping it will go through. Vadim mentions potential concerns on Ishii's part (I presume Vadim is speculating), where Ishii may be afraid to fight Fedor in Japan and lose in front of his home audience.

- Putin called Monson in the hotel room to see how he was doing after the fight. Monson was touched.

- Fedor went to Monson after the fight in the dressing room, apologized for the damage, and thanked Monson for taking the fight. Monson says Fedor is a great person.

- At the end of the interview, Vadim is asked "I can only imagine how Dana will be surprised for the Fedor vs. Cain fight offer", and Vadim says "Dana will say: again this crazy Russian ! (laughing)".

The interview also comes on the heels of M-1 executive Evgeni Kogan posting cryptic twitter messages such as "Shit's about to get real. As real as it gets." "As real as it gets" has been a quote used to described the UFC for years

MMANews.com

Really don't think Fedor would want this fight, as Cain would likely wreck him. And if for some reason this fight ever did it happen it wouldn't go down on a M-1 show, it'd have to be in The UFC. Either way, don't see Dana agreeing to have one of his top heavyweights fight for another promotion. So this likely wont lead to anything at all but it's worth a read.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Exactly, its a huge cop out because M1 will want to co-promote, which UFC have flatly refused to do already.

Thus, Fedor/M1 can say "Velasquez ducked me/UFC didnt want the fight"

If Fedor had any balls he'd sign with the UFC, hes gone to shit now but still has name and tons of marquee fights.......

A Lesnar/Fedor fight would still break buy record, IMO.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I agree with you about the Lesnar/Fedor thing. And really don't think he'd sign with the Ufc, well i mean he would likely want too to do some big fights but i don't think Dana wants anything to do with him.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
If Fedor signed with the UFC for a one time fight deal, then maybe i could see them doing Cain/Fedor as Brock is going to be in the title picture for a while. But still very unlikely to happen in my opinion.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
@danawhite Fedor vs Velasquez in 2012, lets make this happen. Fedor is back, and a fight w/ Cain will prove it.
White's response, also via twitter, was simple, straightforward, and emphatic.

When asked if the rumors of a possible Fedor/UFC deal were true, Dana replied simply:

"Hell No."

Kogan is trying his best to make this sound like a possibility, noting their high attendance for the Fedor vs. Monson fight, and insisting that they would not be looking to co-promote, just to see this fight happen.

MMAnews.com