Lytle Shoots Down Any Chance Of Comeback

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Chris Lytle recently spoke about his retirement that went into effect after his win last night at UFC on Versus 5. Check out the highlights:

On whether he'll ever come back: "I didn't want to go out because I had to go out. I didn't want that to be me. I'm not going to change my mind about retiring. It wasn't really a question in my mind (to begin with). I'm fortunate to be in a situation where I'm not in dire need to support myself and my family. If I were, it'd be a different situation. But thankfully, I'm not."

On quitting after he knew the passion was going: "This is not the kind of sport (to compete in) if you don't want to be there. I felt like I was starting to slip, so I knew I had one more in me, and that was it."

On whether he would have come to the same realization without his recent injury: "No, probably not. I would have never really had the time away (from the gym) to pick up on what all I was missing back at home."