Lyra Valkyria talks winning NXT Women's title from Becky Lynch

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
lyratitle.webp

Lyra Valkyria is "still processing" her NXT Women's Championship win.

In the main event of NXT Halloween Havoc night one last Tuesday, Valkyria secured the biggest victory of her career by defeating Becky Lynch for the NXT Women's Championship. It was the first time that two Irish women have ever faced off for a WWE title.

Valkyria opened up about what the victory meant to her in an interview with the Irish Mirror. Valkyria said she's still processing the moment. She described it as a "picture that is so perfect I couldn’t have painted it."

It definitely feels like the payoff after years of the grind. I have imagined this so many different ways. The things that you think about are who would I beat? How would I do it? What would I say after? How would that feel holding that title up? What would I be thinking?
It’s like an out-of-body experience because all the times I imagined that and then when it happened it’s just sheer shock so I’m still processing.
All the ways I imagined it happening that wasn’t one of them because it never seemed within the realms of possibility Becky who has gone on to main event WrestleMania, one of the most decorated women in WWE I couldn’t imagine that she could have been NXT Champion in 2023, what were the odds and how could I see that happening and for me to be the one to dethrone her. It’s a picture that is so perfect I couldn’t have painted it.

The loss to Valkyria appears to have ended Lynch's run in NXT. Lynch held the NXT Women's Championship for more than a month after winning it from Tiffany Stratton this September. It was Lynch's first-ever NXT Women's Championship reign.

Lynch wrote on Instagram last week that she's immensely proud of her NXT title run. Lynch said the future is in good hands with Valkyria as champion.

The 27-year-old Valkyria wrestled as Aoife Valkyrie in NXT UK before debuting in NXT.

Valkyria told the Irish Mirror that her ultimate goal is competing in the main event of a pay-per-view.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I did think she was next up and eventually was gonna beat Bex, I just assumed it was going to be towards the end of the year at Deadline.

She'll be in good hands with Shawn though, look forward to seeing how she does.