Lyoto Machida On Jon Jones Choking Him Out: 'He Did His Job'

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Former UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida was handed his first submission defeat at the hands of current UFC 205-pound champ Jon Jones earlier this month. "Bones" locked in a standing choke, rendering "The Dragon" unconscious in the second round.

Many have felt Jones went above and beyond what he needed to do to secure the win, but Machida disagrees. In a recent interview with SPORTV.com, Machida gives his take on the finish at UFC 140: Jones vs. Machida.

"It was totally respectful to me. It was a shocking (end) to the story," Machida said. "Sometimes, those who hear my (wonder) if there was any disrespect, but he did his job, choked me and won. You can't ask him to make love to me, right?"

Machida also talked about the elbow that opened a huge gash on his forehead, saying, "After he hit the elbow and the referee stopped the fight, I could not see, had so much blood in eye. I would've used more of my recovery time."

"The Dragon" is currently just 1-3 now in his last four UFC fights, including losses to Jones, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson. His lone win came at the hands of Randy Couture. All four men Machida has faced wore UFC gold at one time.

Deuce

Reaction score
I thought the choke was pretty clean so I'm glad Machida isn't whining and bitching about the loss. Great fight also, like both fighters.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Same here. I didn't realise there was any controversy surrounding the choke hold. Jones locked it in and then as soon as Machida tapped and the ref moved in he let go. I think the Jones haters just made up the rumour because they didn't like seeing Jones win comfortably in the end.