Luke Rockhold's Next Opponent Revealed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Strikeforce middleweight champion Luke Rockhold injured his hand in his January 7th win over Keith Jardine and has been out for a while, but is looking to get back in the cage ASAP. He told MMA Weekly that he'll probably defend his title against Tim Kennedy next:

"I'm excited about the fight with Kennedy. I think he's highly underrated, very tough dude, he poses a lot of challenges. I'll be ready. It looks like it's finally going to happen. I've been waiting for that one for a long time, and I'm excited. I'm getting on my wrestling, I was wrestling yesterday. Wrestling's a key for this fight, I gotta control the wrestling."
He also discusses his dislike for Strikeforce middleweight Derek Brunson, a guy that he's been warring with on twitter for the last couple of months:

"Derek Brunson. There's not much to be said about Derek Brunson. We have some mutual friends, DC (Daniel Cormier) and Mo (Muhammed Lawal), so they fuel the fire a little bit. And I've heard some words before, he came at me one time a while back, said some outlandish shi*t, just making up crap, so I'm just hittin him where it hurts. He's just talking out of his ass, so, yeah. The guys wants a title shot now, right? Off of where he's at? I don't know about that one. I think he fights more like a cheerleader. That's my opinion of him. I think he needs to go back to tumbling school."

"I want guys that have earned their spot. Derek Brunson sure as hell hasn't earned his spot."

I really like Luke Rockhold, but he's had 8 fights in Strikeforce and nobody he's fought is really any good in my opnion. I mean he KO'd Keith Jardine in his last fight so what, that's no accomplishment Keith is one of the biggest bums in Strikeforce right now, so i don't know why Luke always talks about wanting to fight people who've earned their spots.

Last edited: