Luiz "Banha" Cane Dropping to Middleweight

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
Luiz_Cane_500x325_Head_large.png
Luiz Cane has a had a rough run at light heavyweight lately, so he has decided to drop down to 185 pounds.His manager insists it has nothing to do with his loss to Stanislav Nedkov at UFC 134 and it's simply something he's wanted to do for a while, but it's not hard to read between the lines. Here's what his manager Alex Davis said to Tatame:

"Banha will drop to the middle weight. It is something that, in my point of view, will take some time for him to get used to this new division, so I don’t wanna rush anything to make sure he’s comfortable fighting in this new weight class", tells, guaranteeing that the change isn’t related to the defeat in Rio de Janeiro.

"What happened is a part of the fight. I don’t believe this weight drop has anything to do with it, but it’s a wish he has for a long time, and maybe it’ll bring a positive result. It’s something that usually happens in the industry, keep dropping the weight more and more. He wanna do it and I support him, so let’s do it the best way we can. With no rush", explains.

He also said that Cane is in no rush to fight and will need to become acclimated with behaving like a middleweight before he considers getting in the cage at 185. Banha has lost three out of his last four fights, and was stopped by TKO in all three of the losses.