LQ Thread of the Day: Robin WIlliams' WoW Tribute

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Meet Robin, the World of Warcraft tribute to legendary actor Robin Williams, who passed away last month.

This re-creation of Williams' iconic Aladdin genie is just one of the multiple tributes to the beloved actor that the folks at Wowhead have discovered in Blizzard's popular MMORPG over the past few weeks. There are also references to Mork, Mrs. Doubtfire, and Toys, among others.

Last month, Wowhead's data-miners found files and assets for Robin Williams references in the game's code, but now, they've actually found the tribute in-game.

One Wowhead reader said they found the above genie on an island near Talador in the beta for WoW's next expansion, Warlords of Draenor. It's pretty much perfect. Says Wowhead: "You can summon Robin by rubbing the Ever-Burning Lamp. When first summoned, he exclaims 'INFINITE COSMIC POWER' and then shrinks and waves goodbye, saying 'itty bitty living space.'"

Perfect.

3a2772c33bd24172d5df7e06cb3f8075.png

rr9oroqysgshtnui45iw.gif

Source
Another tribute is located nearby, where you'll find a broken egg with a light and other things inside, a reference to the egg-looking spaceship used by the aliens Williams played on Mork & Mindy. Wowhead reports an alternate version of Robin's character that is dressed in a way that bears some resemblance to Mork exists, but is not currently in the game.

Finally, there are some toys scattered on the ground that been interpreted as a possible reference to the movie Toys, and another version of the Robin NPC that is dressed like Mrs. Doubtfire. Like Mork, this character (pictured below) can't currently be found in the game world.

2e4fc31e8e2507ebd054eedc595c3029.jpg

1d2ee5357757e53eddd71f44cdcf0367.jpg

Source