Lord Of The Rings/Hobbit Appreciation Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

So I've been going back to Middle Earth and seeing The Lord of The Rings films/Hobbit films in a long time and I still love them hard. I still need to go back to The Hobbit films because I remember liking the first two, and falling asleep with the third. Still my history with this franchise is pretty weird at least to me. My younger Brother had purchased Fellowship on DVD in the early 2000's, and he never saw it. I was legit in the Basement looking for something else, and I find this DVD still in the Packaging and the Cover alone made me want to watch it. I popped it into my PS2 and I was in awe of what I was watching. I didn't understand wait..theirs a big story to this, but why the Cliff hanger. I remember how the film ends and I'm thinking dammit I want more why do I have to wait a couple of Years. Still so much Action, and Heart in this franchise and I just hope the same care for that Series come up as well. So here's the spot to give your thoughts on the films, favorite Scenes, Characters etc. Maybe if this takes off we do more of these going forward.​

King Kota

Captain Of Team Kick
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I remember going to the movies to see this at like age 8 saying "Who wants to see a movie called LOTR" 3 hrs later I was like when does the next one come out.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I remember going to the movies to see this at like age 8 saying "Who wants to see a movie called LOTR" 3 hrs later I was like when does the next one come out.

Yeah people complain about films that go over 2 hours, but I never thought hey this is too long, but imagine kids at that same age and their Parents showing them the films. I highly doubt kids today could go through it and not at some point want to watch something else. Who's your favorite Character OMB? Personally I love Legolas maybe because I want to shoot Arrows, and Arwen Jesus I want to marry her and have Half Elves/Human babies with her. :proud

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I love LOTR and to a lesser extent The Hobbit. I personally think the original LOTR trilogy is the best movie trilogy of all time, The Hobbit films kind of drag down the entire franchise down IMO, but it's still top 5 to me. First three movies I'd rank them from best to worse 3, 1, 2, but all three are amazing movies and if you've got a whole day are a blast to watch at one time.

I still really fucks with the Hobbit trilogy too, it was just weaker and had some things in it I didn't care for. First movie is easily my favorite, thought they did very well with it. 2nd movie a tad weaker, but still cool IMO but why TF does it end without them defeating the dragon only for the dragon to be defeated like 10 minutes into the 3rd movie :lmao terrible booking. Anyway, the third movie is the weakest, which sucks that the current last movie in the franchise is the weakest one, but I still had fun watching it mostly bc it's a big battle for like two hours. But it also doesn't really hold up the more you watch it.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I love LOTR and to a lesser extent The Hobbit. I personally think the original LOTR trilogy is the best movie trilogy of all time, The Hobbit films kind of drag down the entire franchise down IMO, but it's still top 5 to me. First three movies I'd rank them from best to worse 3, 1, 2, but all three are amazing movies and if you've got a whole day are a blast to watch at one time.

I still really fucks with the Hobbit trilogy too, it was just weaker and had some things in it I didn't care for. First movie is easily my favorite, thought they did very well with it. 2nd movie a tad weaker, but still cool IMO but why TF does it end without them defeating the dragon only for the dragon to be defeated like 10 minutes into the 3rd movie :lmao terrible booking. Anyway, the third movie is the weakest, which sucks that the current last movie in the franchise is the weakest one, but I still had fun watching it mostly bc it's a big battle for like two hours. But it also doesn't really hold up the more you watch it.

Yeah that was my thought process for The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies. I'm like we made Smaug into some grand thing to get past, then he gets outwitted pretty easily into the Third film come on now. I think the problem I had with the films is me not caring enough about the Characters mainly the Dwarves not named Thorin. Of course you want to see free his lands, but he is even corrupted by greed, when you would of thought he would of been smarter than his predecessors. My favorite from the LOTR Trilogy is Return of the King just eeking out Two Towers for me. The Action just beautiful to watch especially when the last of Middle Earth vs Sauron clashed. Frodo is was so mentally fucked by the last film you feel for him and I still question why did Frodo leave on that boat at the end? Did he feel that stabbing he got in the first film wasn't fully healing and he was feeling he was going to die soon?

Reactions: Chris

King Kota

Captain Of Team Kick
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
My favs Gimli & pippin

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Just finished rewatching Two Towers boy is the huge battle at Helms Deep mesmerizing to watch. The moment where the people of Rohan are looking at the Uruk-hai from down below man that is an intense moment to watch even for me being a watcher of the films many times around. Gandalf The White showing up like Jesus to aid them when hope was low how can you not get chills during that moment.

Reactions: Chris

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA

Have you seen the extended versions ? The movies still have flaws but the third one is bloodier and even more action-packed, it really improves it IMO.