Looking back on how Legacy has been booked...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

I realise this is changing my tune a bit from say, 3 weeks ago, maybe even 2, but whatever. It's time to admit I was wrong on something. I wasn't really as much wrong as I just wasn't happy with the way Legacy was being booker. I know alot of others weren't either. You can pretend you weren't if you like, i don't care. But anyway, back a while ago, alot of us, myself included, were upset with how Legacy was booked to look like a bunch of pussies. They would start shit, get beat up, and retreat. Obviously it didn't make them look too good on a week to week basis. Many complained, including me.
But the more I've thought about it, they look great. As far as the running away and looking scared part, I guess it's what type of characters they fit. When you think about it, that's how Orton has been ever since he first came up in WWE. His whole time as the Legend Killer, and even during his feud with Cena, he acted that way. So now, just because he has a stable, it wouldn't really make sense for him to suddenly become some macho, tough guy who fights battles fairly and all that. But when I think about how Legacy has been booked, I must say, now that I've thought about it, it's actually quite big. They've taken out the entire McMahon family. The McMahon family is the most recognisable family in the business, and probably the history of the business, and Legacy has been booked to take all of them out in convincing fashion, as well as get Orton the WWE title, which is the McMahons crown jewel so to speak.
So, looking back on it, are you happy with the way Legacy has been booked, even though they've been made to look like pussies (seeing as that's what their characters, specifically Orton's, have always, and probably will always be), or are you still pissed they look like whipping boys?

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
I don't need to prove myself, you can all look back and see me saying it was fitting.

I think it's been a success. They've done something very few have done in the WWF/WWE. And I wouldn't say they look like pussies... they got beat down by Triple H. He's one of the top badass faces in the history of the 'E, of course he's going to beat down some young guys. Remember, they're still being groomed anyways. It's that learning curve. We can't expect EVERYONE to be Rock or Austin.

MikeRaw

I don't need to prove myself, you can all look back and see me saying it was fitting.

I think it's been a success. They've done something very few have done in the WWF/WWE. And I wouldn't say they look like pussies... they got beat down by Triple H. He's one of the top badass faces in the history of the 'E, of course he's going to beat down some young guys. Remember, they're still being groomed anyways. It's that learning curve. We can't expect EVERYONE to be Rock or Austin.

You were going good until the lame ending. Nobody, whether in this thread or the other threads about this, have said anything about Rock or Austin, or being anything similar. Really a pointless, stupid example. Yes, they do look like pussies though. They run from anything. Again though, I'm not even saying that's a bad thing. I just used to think so in a way, because I, along with some others, were thinking it took away from their success, but like I said, I've actually come to lik eit, after seeing all the success they've had, and the way they've been booked. But c'mon, you can't actually think they don't act like pussies.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^Austin and Rock reference had to do with them being able to take on an entire group (like HHH was doing) or take on all the McMahons at once by themselves. Not everyone has to be that character to make it work. And Priceless started their union by Cody turning on Bob Holly WHILE they were still champions, kinda defending his belt against himself.

They never claimed to be able to step to everyone and fight toe to toe... they're classic stalking heels. They attack weaknesses, at beneficial times. Kinda like Edge, except he will go toe to toe with some people.

I say just let the whole thing play out, then see where they're at after Legacy.

davidian13

Reaction score
I know alot of people bitch about how theyve been booked but i think the booking of The Legacy has been great. Think about where its gone so far..

-Orton starts a mini feud with Priceless slapping them around and whatnot
-Randy starts persuading Priceless to live up to their family name
-They initially start teaming up later bringing Manu into the fold at Unforgiven
-Orton punts Ted exiting him from the group temporarily
-Manu takes Dibiase's place in the trio
-Sim Snuka seemingly gets adopted into the group
-Sim and Manu fail to prove their worth and get ousted from Legacy
-Ted Dibiase returns to rejoin Legacy
-Priceless help Orton win the Rumble and the WWE title at Backlash
-Legacy succeeds in taking out the entire Mcmahon family

Say what you want but The Legacy storyline is one of the few things that hasnt really been rushed. Itd be stupid for Priceless to take out someone like HHH/Batista right off the bat but every time they mainevent with Orton on Raw or on a PPV they come off as being that much more legitimate and believable as top players.

I think people gripe bc they are anxious to see Cody and Ted as Main eventers. I dont know thats my take

MikeRaw

^Austin and Rock reference had to do with them being able to take on an entire group (like HHH was doing) or take on all the McMahons at once by themselves. Not everyone has to be that character to make it work. And Priceless started their union by Cody turning on Bob Holly WHILE they were still champions, kinda defending his belt against himself.

They never claimed to be able to step to everyone and fight toe to toe... they're classic stalking heels. They attack weaknesses, at beneficial times. Kinda like Edge, except he will go toe to toe with some people.

I say just let the whole thing play out, then see where they're at after Legacy.
Why are you talking as if you're trying to convince me to watch legacy before critisising them, when I'm the one starting a thread to say how great it is that they're being booked like this, and that I don't think people realise how big it is that they took out the entire McMahon family.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^I'm referring to the way you acted about them before. And I'm saying they're not really pussies, they're young and learning, and competing against the top talent in the WWE already. I'm not trying t make it seem like you hate them and should watch them... I know you do. What I am saying is that you're sitting here saying you were wrong to judge them, but you're still judging them. Stop judging. Let it pan out.

MikeRaw

^I'm referring to the way you acted about them before. And I'm saying they're not really pussies, they're young and learning, and competing against the top talent in the WWE already. I'm not trying t make it seem like you hate them and should watch them... I know you do. What I am saying is that you're sitting here saying you were wrong to judge them, but you're still judging them. Stop judging. Let it pan out.

How am I still judging them? I never said I was wrong to judge them either. I said I changed my opinion, as in, I didn't like how they were being booked before, and I've actually grown to like and even accept it. But again, yes, they are being portrayed as pussies, and I'm not just talking about Dibiase and Rhodes. There's nothing wrong with that either, it's the type of character Orton has portrayed for years, and he's succesful as hell, and it's what likely at least one of Priceless will portray for years to come. They ARE playing the roles of chicken-shit heels, which is why they'll attack someone and then run away after, or run as soon as another guy confronts them. The only difference is, I've actualyl started to like it, and see why they're being booked this way.