Live thread question/suggestion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

wils172

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
www.themefreak.net
Is there a way to get the new posts in the live threads to appear at the top of the page rather than the bottom? I have to constantly scroll down to get to the newest post. If the quick reply was at the top and the newest post would appear below that as it updated that'd be perfect. I wouldn't have to scroll down constantly.. i.e. make it like a twitter feed

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
God damnit.

Is scrolling down such a big deal? I mean I'm one of the most active in the discussion thread(s), and I genuinely have no issues at all. Sure if I actually watch a segment throughout (rare with WWE), I have to do a scrolling frenzy to get back to the bottom, but then it's fine again. All this "it takes me like a minute to reply" stuff has to be exaggerated, lol.

wils172

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
www.themefreak.net
God damnit.

Is scrolling down such a big deal? I mean I'm one of the most active in the discussion thread(s), and I genuinely have no issues at all. Sure if I actually watch a segment throughout (rare with WWE), I have to do a scrolling frenzy to get back to the bottom, but then it's fine again. All this "it takes me like a minute to reply" stuff has to be exaggerated, lol.

The scrolling is a bit annoying yes, but the part that makes it difficult is trying to read all the replies, watch the live action, and respond all at the same time. If I didn't read all the replies or actually watch the show I probably wouldn't be bothered.

I just know that when I watch a show my priority is to watch the show first, read posts second, reply third.. so if I have to scroll to the bottom to reply.. 10 new posts appear in the time in which I'm posting.. I have to read them.. then scroll down to finish my reply.. and repeat.. by the time I go to reply my post is no longer relevant half the time.. but if I didn't have to scroll down i could make my reply while reading and watching without a problem.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I don't think anyone who ever participates in discussion threads reads every post. I know I don't. You're inevitably going to miss some because of how fast it is. If posts were to appear at the top, you would still have to scroll to read the previous replies lol. The only thing that would change is the reply box wouldn't move, so you could reply faster than you could before.

Lady Deathbane

thanks for the unban, lmao
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Nah, I'm not exaggerating with my experience last week. I'm typing something and then someone posts a reply and makes the reply box go down, I scroll down to the reply box and more people post. I don't think everyone here types at the speed of light like you do, Crayo. Just sayin'.

Reactions: wils172

wils172

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
www.themefreak.net
I personally read 90% of the replies when I'm in the live discussion threads.. but maybe i'm the exception. And your point about still scrolling down could still be an issue depending on how fast posts are coming in and how fast you can read..so I agree with your point there. maybe the solution isn't making posts appear at the top but making the reply box stay in a fixed position so when you scroll the posts move but the reply box remains in the same position.. See here for fixed positioning: http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_positioning.asp

Maybe something easy to implement.. might be worth experimenting with when you have the time

Reactions: Crayo

Nano

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Website
www.pheed.com
But if you want to read the whole thread it's tricky. I'm not active in live discussions because I prefer to watch the show and then comment, but the next day I read the thread, making it as twitter will make it more tricky, and as Crayo said, almost nobody cares about the entire thread, if the only thing you want to do is reply, go down or ask for a reply button and then as your post will be the last one you can scroll up and read what other people said...

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Nah, I'm not exaggerating with my experience last week. I'm typing something and then someone posts a reply and makes the reply box go down, I scroll down to the reply box and more people post. I don't think everyone here types at the speed of light like you do, Crayo. Just sayin'.
How fast you type makes no difference. You said the issue was clicking the reply button, but can't because other people post, and somehow it takes you a minute to do it lol... We all have that issue, but after about 3 seconds it's done.

wils172 - thanks for that, I'll try and play with it later, and if I fail I'll ask Solidus to see if he knows how to do it, lol.

Lady Deathbane

thanks for the unban, lmao
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
How fast you type makes no difference. You said the issue was clicking the reply button, but can't because other people post, and somehow it takes you a minute to do it lol... We all have that issue, but after about 3 seconds it's done.

Well, one would assume if you typed fast, the less times you have to deal with the reply box moving down out of sight. There are moments where it takes a few seconds but there are just those few times where people keep replying and it just keeps moving downward for a bit. I'll just use my phone from now on I guess since it doesn't move the reply box even though it doesn't really auto-update on the phone.

wils172

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
www.themefreak.net
Just to let you all know I've experimented with the 'inspect element' feature in chrome and was able to make the reply box fixed by editing some css.. i'll try it out the next time I'm on for a live discussion and let you know if it helps