Raw Live Raw discussion thread, May 1st 2023: Night Two of the WWE Draft

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Not surprised at Rollins/Rhodes and would be totally fine with it but would be very surprised if they did Brock/Roman
Tbh, that's also what I'm thinking, but still... somehow the thought of the possibility creeping in hard. Especially since it's Saudi-Arabia.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Okay would anybody be surprised if they'd book (or even consider booking) Rollins/Rhodes for the WHC and Roman/Lesnar for Saudi-Arabia? :lol

Also... please stop talking about "finishing the story". Even if it isn't "finished" yet, the fact they still use it, especially in a kind of significant way, just leaves a sour taste in the mouth, every time they pound on it.
If Cody wins the World Title, the story is finished.

Just not the ending anyone wanted.

But, yes, Seth/Cody seems like the clear choice.

Reactions: Death By Looch

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Dom dom really getting that heat

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Raw last night averaged 1.78 million viewers and drew a 0.54 rating in 18-49.

The number in a sense would be disappointing if only because SmackDown's ratings for night one of the WWE Draft were so high, and Raw's number was down from the past few weeks.

Raw went against two NBA playoff games, the first two hours against the Philadelphia 76ers vs. Boston Celtics (4,741,000/1.64) and third hour against the Phoenix Suns-Denver Nuggets (4,542,000/1.62). In addition the New York Rangers vs. New Jersey Devils did 2.05 million/0.69) on ESPN.

Raw ended up fifth for the night, behind the three playoff games and Inside the NBA playoffs on TNT.

Raw was fifth in women 18-49, fifth in men 18-49, fifth in people 18-34, fifth in women 12-34, and fifth in men 12-34. In total viewers, it was ninth behind four sports shows and four news shows.

Going forward, Raw will be much higher in total viewer standings on Mondays than in the past due to the collapse of Fox News, which did 1.60 million/0.07 as compared with 2.55 million/0.17 two weeks ago in the three hours head-to-head.

Raw was down two percent in viewers, down three percent in 18-49, and the same in 18-34 from last week.

From one year ago, it was up 12 percent in viewers, up 43 percent in 18-49, and up 82 percent in 18-34. That's not even figuring in the decline of cable homes.

Aside from the NBA and NHL, Raw beat everything else on television but American Idol on ABC, which did a 0.58 in 18-49, but a network has such a huge advantage that it would have to be considered a win for Raw. In 18-34, Raw handily beat everything on network television and everything but the NHL and NBA playoffs head-to-head.

The show had normal declines with viewers above the age of 35, but under 35, viewers stayed with the show at a stronger than usual level, in particular teenage boys.

The three hours were:

• 8 p.m. 1.84 million viewers
  • 9 p.m. 1.87 million viewers
  • 10 p.m. 1.62 million viewers

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Oh okay, alright, whatever. Bro, listen. Am I crazy? They’re piping in that Dominik heat, bro. Here is why I think so bro– I have been in front of many many many crowds in my life when people had tremendous, tremendous, tremendous heat.

Bro, you cannot physically keep up that level of heat for so long. I could be wrong, but I do not think it’s all 100% authentic heat.​
Russo, if all the Bro's weren't a giveaway. Guy is THAT over he's got people questioning the authenticity of the boo's :trips8

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
At most they turn up the crowd volume but it's usually kinda obvious when that stuff is messed with and I don't even hear it for Dom

Sabretooth

Reaction score
lol I mean the way Dom reacts to the boos it certainly looks real. I doubt it’s piped in

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
That segment was the reason for the ending being scuffed because he went so over the allotted time because of the HEAT