WWE NXT Live NXT June 8th 2021 Discussion Thread: Last show before TakeOver + Poppy returns

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Really good NXT this Week. Theory/Lorcan as a opener was great and I keep saying Theory is going to be World Champion one day in NXT dude has all the good to go along with his Character. The Segment with Grimes/Dibiase/Knight was awesome and it makes me really wanting to see either guy hold the Million Dollar Championship. Many Moons ago I gave Grimes shit for his Character it wasn't working for me and now after the Character change/tweak he's been so entertaining every week. Cameron Dibiase has a nice Ring to it just saying.

The stuff with Hit Row and all of that group shit was so meh to me. It's hard to take Hit Row seriously when Swerve is the only guy worth while right now because the other three haven't achieved anything in NXT for me to care. I don't honestly see them doing anything with the other three long term so why put the group together outside of other three taking bumps and pins for Swerve. Happy as hell to see Io Shirai return to NXT and now it seems like she's be tagging with Poppy I imagine for the NXT Tag Titles that is okay I guess but she needs to get her Rematch vs Raquel and I don't know how they keep away the NXT Women's Title for too long.

Moon had problems with Dakota all night with their Match and I wonder if Dakota seeds with problems with Raquel starts next Weekend? What else does Raquel have to do these days right? The end Segment I really dug as well all the guys wanting to get a early shot before the big title Match and let me say this I'm so digging that Kross said I want them all so they can stop bitching and complaining about title shots. When Kross wins they can go and fight for the NA title.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Tuesday night's NXT averaged 669,000 viewers on the USA Network. It was essentially even with last week's 668,000 viewers and was the fifth straight week the show has done between 668,000 and 700,000 viewers.

The show drew a 0.20 rating in the 18-49 demo, up 5.3 percent from last week. With a 0.19 in the demo last week, it was a rebound from the levels NXT was at the three weeks prior.

The NBA averaged 3.6 million viewers for each of its two playoff games on Tuesday night, with two NHL games averaging 1.2 million and 900,000 viewers respectively. Both the NBA and NHL were dark at this point last year due to the pandemic.

The year-over-year viewership was also very consistent. Viewership was down 0.6 percent, with the NXT episode from the same week in 2020 averaging 673,000 viewers. Of course, NXT at this point last year was running on Wednesday against AEW Dynamite but also did not have the heavy sports competition they're dealing with now.

In the 18-49 demo, NXT was actually up 25 percent from the same week last year.

Reactions: Necro