Live In-Fight UFC Stats Likely To Remain

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
UFC president Dana White spoke about some of the broadcast changes for recent UFC events, including in fight stats. Here is what he had to say…

On The Changes: "I told you, a lot of things in production we're changing when we got into this new deal, and one of them is stats," he said after UFC on FUEL TV 1, which took place Wednesday at Nebraska's Omaha Civic Auditorium. "We've been giving tons of stats – not only during the fight, but before the fight we give a ton of [stats] too. There's just so much more to MMA," White said. "We're just giving more information."

On Stats in Boxing vs. MMA: "They do it in boxing," White said. "It's no different than boxing. But the difference between this and boxing is the amount of strikes (landed) have nothing to do with what goes on in MMA. If that's swaying your decision, you definitely don't [expletive] belong here. If they're turning around (to look at the screens) and then going, 'OK,' and writing their score down, they don't belong here."

On Stats Not Always Reflecting The Winner: "The punch stats don't always tell who's winning the fight," he said. "We just need guys in there that know exactly what they're doing and can judge. And let's be honest – to be kind of fair to them – judging is somewhat subjective into what you think. But the bottom line is, you've got to go on damage. You've got to go on – there's a lot of different things to score on, and judges should know what it is."

Glad they're going to keep this a part of the shows, next thing they need to do is add Joe Rogan to the Fuel and FX shows, he makes the fights so much more exciting when he's calling them.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Good call is this and I believe I reference in the discussion thread for last nights event.