Live Bad Blood Discussion Thread - Saturday October 5th 2024

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Bad_Blood_2024-Logo--587206b25d1193d9552fa58ee55c05bf--5b0390d071a4919743aacbe4bbda75be.png

Saturday October 5th
6PM ET, 3PM PT, 11PM GMT
Statefarm Arena, Atlanta, Georgia

CONFIRMED CARD

20240909_BadBlood_Match_PunkDrew_FC_Date--e2482dba8b1df760949908ef84bcb08e.jpg

HELL IN A CELL
CM Punk vs. Drew McIntyre

20240909_BadBlood_Match_LivRhea_FC_Date--3dec6e2e8bc0145cce70911ebbda260b.jpg

WOMENS WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Liv Morgan (c) vs. Rhea Ripley

20240916_BadBlood_Match_Cody_RR_FC_Date--ff419de20f2418d5110be5afefb0315d.jpg

Cody Rhodes & Roman Reigns vs. Jacob Fatu & Solo Sikoa

20240909_BadBlood_Match_DamianFinn_FC_Date--50f42a94df273ffcbedb9fa2e44494f3.jpg

Damian Priest vs. Finn Balor​

Last edited:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
20240909_BadBlood_Match_PunkDrew_FC_Date--e2482dba8b1df760949908ef84bcb08e.jpg

CM Punk vs. Drew McIntyre (Hell in a Cell)​

At WWE Bad Blood, CM Punk will go to war with his heated adversary Drew McIntyre inside Hell in a Cell.

When Punk suffered an injury in the Royal Rumble Match, McIntyre stated that he prayed for it to happen and mercilessly mocked Punk for his misfortune. His actions, however, would have consequences.

Punk had a front-row seat when McIntyre won the World Heavyweight Title from Seth "Freakin" Rollins at WrestleMania XL. But McIntyre became too distracted by Punk after the victory, paving the way for Damian Priest to cash in his Money in the Bank contract and defeat McIntyre to become the new World Heavyweight Champion. Punk then cost McIntyre a title opportunity the following Monday night on Raw and interfered in McIntyre's World Heavyweight Title Match against Priest at WWE Clash at the Castle.

An irate McIntyre fired back in calculating fashion when he pretended to quit WWE, only to unleash a brutal attack on Punk on SmackDown and steal a bracelet that represented Punk’s love for his wife and dog.

McIntyre went on to win the Money in the Bank Ladder Match and inserted himself into the World Heavyweight Title Match between Priest and Rollins on the same night, only to have Punk cost him the championship yet again.

When the two finally squared off in a highly anticipated showdown at SummerSlam, McIntyre emerged victorious over Punk after an altercation occured between Punk and special guest referee Rollins.

In a brutal Strap Match at WWE Bash in Berlin, Punk seemed as if he had finally put the heated rivalry to bed when he conquered McIntyre and took his prized bracelet back. McIntyre wasn't finished, however, unleashing another vicious assault that included numerous Claymore Kicks on the Sept. 2 episode of Raw. He then once again took the bracelet off Punk's wrist and ripped it apart.

In response, Raw General Manager Adam Pearce set up a third match between Punk and McIntyre for Bad Blood, and it’ll be held inside the barbaric Hell in a Cell.

20240909_BadBlood_Match_LivRhea_FC_Date--3dec6e2e8bc0145cce70911ebbda260b.jpg

Women’s World Champion Liv Morgan vs. Rhea Ripley​

The bad blood between Women’s World Champion Liv Morgan and Rhea Ripley will culminate, fittingly, at WWE Bad Blood as they engage in an intense grudge match.

The history between these two Superstars dates to two years ago, featuring blindsides, attacks that led to serious injuries and home wrecking, and that’s just the tip of the iceberg.

Morgan and Ripley squared off at SummerSlam, with Morgan coming out on top due to actions of Ripley’s former love, “Dirty” Dominik Mysterio. Mysterio turned on Ripley during the match, allowing Morgan to retain her title, and left the arena locking arms and smooching Morgan, shocking Ripley.

Ripley and fellow “Terror Twin” Damian Priest were later officially booted from The Judgment Day by the actions of Finn Bálor as he turned on Priest at SummerSlam as well.

At WWE Bash in Berlin, Ripley and Priest were able to gain some retribution as they defeated Morgan and Mysterio in a Mixed Tag Team Match, with Ripley getting the decisive pinfall on Morgan.

Ripley will look to inflict punishment on the woman that destroyed her life, as well as take back the title she never lost.

Can Ripley end the reign of Morgan and once again reach the top of the Raw Women’s division?

20240909_BadBlood_Match_DamianFinn_FC_Date--50f42a94df273ffcbedb9fa2e44494f3.jpg

Damian Priest vs. Finn Balor​

Former Judgment Day teammates Damian Priest and Finn Bálor will finally go one-on-one when they clash at Bad Blood.

Alongside Rhea Ripley and “Dirty” Dominik Mysterio, Priest and Bálor enjoyed one of the most successful partnerships of their era, capturing the Raw and SmackDown Tag Team Title twice each, cementing The Judgment Day as a force.

The group imploded at SummerSlam when Dirty Dom betrayed Ripley during her Women’s World Title Match against the champion Liv Morgan, and Bálor cost Priest the World Heavyweight Title against Gunther.

Since then, Priest and Ripley have been itching to get their payback, and Priest will get his when he and Bálor battle it out at Bad Blood.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Apparently Omos and Drew McIntyre are having a hell in a cell match
IMG_4098.png

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Hell yeah brother

Tranquilo Jay

WRESTLING IS COOL
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
The graphics look so clean and lovely looking.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Liv and Rhea should honestly be inside the Cell also, and I hope by the time we get there it’s made one. I feel the feud warrants it, plus Liv keeps trying to run away also. Lock her in so she can’t get away.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'd be surprised if it happened but I agree that it should be. The women usually always seem to deliver in the stipulation matches too.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah I'd have it in the Cell too but I don't see it anymore. I think they wanna keep it at the one to make it feel bigger. I honestly never had much of a problem with the hell in a cell PPV and forced HIAC matches, there were a few but for the most part I thought that was an overblown criticism anyway lol the bad themed PPVs died pretty quick, the ones that stayed I thought stayed for a reason. MITB and Elimination Chamber obviously good enough to even HHH to keep

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I don't wanna say booked into a corner because they obviously had this planned out well in advance but by doing Punk/Drew 2 as a strap match, there was nowhere else they could go for #3 other than HIAC really. I think Saudi is next after Bad Blood so there's a high chance Punk won't be on that show so unless they wanted to blow it off on a Raw which would be very strange, they had to do it here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tranquilo Jay

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
They won't make Liv/Rhea a Hell in a Cell, they're gonna turn it into a classic 80s steel cage match! :jade

But yes, it should be either something like an I Quit match or a Hell in a Cell.

Daddy Dom

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
They won't make Liv/Rhea a Hell in a Cell, they're gonna turn it into a classic 80s steel cage match! :jade

But yes, it should be either something like an I Quit match or a Hell in a Cell.
Dom on A Pole match

Daddy Dom

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I don't wanna say booked into a corner because they obviously had this planned out well in advance but by doing Punk/Drew 2 as a strap match, there was nowhere else they could go for #3 other than HIAC really. I think Saudi is next after Bad Blood so there's a high chance Punk won't be on that show so unless they wanted to blow it off on a Raw which would be very strange, they had to do it here.
Idk I suppose you could do Punk vs. Gunther in Saudi. I'm not sure but I thought Punk was anti Saudi shows.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I don't even know what you're trying to say, those two things don't make sense together.

• Haha
Reactions: Bad News Booty

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
From Meltzer today:

Gunther vs. Sami Zayn is listed on the internal lineup for a WWE title match at Bad Blood on 10/5, so I guess it’s a six-match show and not a five-match show with the Cody Rhodes & Roman Reigns vs. Solo Sikoa & Jacob Fatu, Drew McIntyre vs. CM Punk Hell in a Cell, a teased Nia Jax tag match (depending on next week’s Smackdown tag match result), Liv Morgan vs. Rhea Ripley for the women’s title and Damian Priest vs. Finn Balor.