Liv Morgan talks injury recovery, motivations for new character, more

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Morgan knows all about missing time due to an injury. She spent the last six months of 2023 on the injured list after dislocating her shoulder, tearing her rotator cuff, labrum, and bicep.

“It hurt so bad I couldn’t even feel the pain,” said Morgan. “It was overwhelming. My shoulder was physically lower than where it should be. So I knew it wasn’t good.”
“I really used that time off to focus on what I wanted, what I wanted to do, and what I wanted my career to look like,” said Morgan. “I feel different. I’m no longer just happy to be here. I know I belong.”

There is a distinctly unique confidence and aura embedded in Morgan’s work. That bleeds through the screen every week, and it will be visible when she defends her title later tonight on Raw against Zelina Vega–or shares the ring with friend/foe Dominik Mysterio.

Morgan transformed her real-life injury, one caused by Rhea Ripley, into a gripping storyline. “The Liv Morgan Revenge Tour” is more than just a concept; it is a movement powered by her heart, soul, and drive.

“I channeled that for the six months I was out,” said Morgan. “I focused on what I wanted my revenge to look like, and I have executed every step of the way. Before, I thought it was going to be my time–but it wasn’t.

“I believe in divine timing and I trust the universe. Coming out of the injury on the other side, this is how and when it is supposed to be. This is how my revenge and redemption were intended to take place.”
“This is something I created–that I didn’t feel always had a lot of support behind it–but I stuck it out because I really believed in it,” said Morgan. “I believed in myself. And when I got this opportunity, because of the time and attention to my craft, I ran with it.”

Raw now belongs to Morgan, but she is far from finished. WWE’s move to Netflix in 2025 opens a world of new possibilities, and if she has it her way, the dream of headlining WrestleMania will one day become reality.

“It’s been 10 years to get here, and we haven’t even scratched the surface yet,” said Morgan. “This is what I always hoped and dreamed for–and that’s why the time off when I was injured was so significant. It was important for my self-esteem and to re-fall in love with wrestling to come back in my best form.

“I’m just entering my prime. If you don’t believe me, just watch.”

Reactions: Jimmy King

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Super happy she's gotten this chance and is absolutely knocking it out of the park though I did worry for her when she was left off of Mania this year. Guess we'll never know what would have happened if Rhea didn't get injured but her misfortune and HHH's tendency to give time for stories to play out looks like it's the slice of luck that Liv needed.

Reactions: Jimmy King