Show LDW Foundation

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

Presents...

A single podium appears upon a darkened arena. Footsteps walk upon a stage, leaving a thud that echoes. The face of the person walking is up his hidden as a spotlight reveals a crowd of people holding various signs.

The man finally speaks, with a booming voice that’s preacher-like.

“Every movement has to have a beginning-”

The sound travels as the voice of Brian Toogood is played in the background.

“First impressions matter, so why just make it right? When you can make it just... too... good?”

“One that has its interests by the people and for the people-”

Then of Patriot.

“I can only do what I do because of wrestling fans. . . without them, I'm out of a job.”

The man slams his fist on the podium.

“We must fight for what we believe in!”

Afterwards, it goes to Darius Wright.

“IT AIN'T OVER BY A LONG SHOT OR A SHORT ONE EITHER. . . You will Pay the Cost!”

“And never, and I mean ever lose our way!”

Splicing in some older footage, we have Reagan Cole saying-

“There is only one way and that’s The Cole Way!”

Spreading arms out, the speaker proclaims-

“We must be ready to go on a great journey!”

Which leads to Leo Kobashi's voice entering the background.

“This my friends is going to one of hell of a Bizzare Adventure and I am prepared for it.”

“And finally…”
He folds his hands. “Our fortunes may turn around…”

Then, Chris Young’s voice mutters…

“Give me Liberty or Death…”

“Tonight, we come together for the start. For our movement, we shall lay its Foundation!”

And on cue, the man raises his arms to the thunderous cheers of the crowd as the video transitions to the official theme for LDW’s first show, Foundation.

Liberty or Death Wrestling is proud to present our inaugural event.

As the Glitchhop remix to the Rage Against the Machine song plays throughout Manchester, New Hampshire, the lights dance around as we the venue decked out for the show, with a screen on the stage baring the show’s logo and a ramp leading to a ring with the Liberty or Death Wrestling logo in the center of the ring with red, white, and blue ropes and the show’s logo on the apron. A commentary table is at ringside with two microphones on it, and in the ring, a latin woman in a gray dress. It is Clarissa Garcia, the ring announcer for Liberty or Death Wrestling who introduces herself to the crowd as the music continues.

Garcia: Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is Clarissa Garcia and welcome to Liberty or Death Wrestling!

There is a cheer from the fans in attendance as afterwards, a bald and rather tall man with tattoos walks out with wearing a waist-coat and a dress shirt and dress pants.

Garcia: Please welcome, LDW’s Play-by-play commentator, Rodney Perkins!

Giving a simple wave, Rodney Perkins who is about as big as some of the wrestlers who are competing tonight, steps into the ring as the show’s theme music finally fades away and he is given a microphone.

Perkins: Thank you, Clarissa, and thank you, Manchester! I’m Rodney Perkins and after broadcasting for almost a decade, I’m very excited about the start of Liberty or Death Wrestling! I see a locker room ready to carve our own place in wrestling and I’m grateful to be a part of this. We got the first show for the company, Foundation right here tonight and I’m expecting this to be a start of something great in wrestling.

Rodney Perkins nods before adding.

Perkins: But I can’t do this alone, and with that, I’m proud to introduce my broadcast colleague, doing his most colourful commentary, Dr Smooth, Wally Shine!

The famous song by Michael Jackson plays in the colour-commentator, the man who’s so Smooth, Wally Shine. Jiving his way out, it is an older gentleman looking to be in his 40’s to early 50’s, and he has a cane in hand (obviously for style more than practicality) and star-shaped sunglasses with a shining suit. He high fives several fans on his way into the ring to join his partner. He shakes the hand of Rodney Perkins before being handed a microphone as the music fades away.

Shine: Oooh baby, let’s hear it, Doctor Smooth Wally Shine is in the house and it’s great to be here in Manchester for Liberty or Death Wrestlin’!

The over the top voice which is both booming and soothing all at once brings a cheer from the fans.

Shine: As a former wrestler myself, I will not just put those viewing in the frame of mind of these great athletes but I’ll do it with style, with shine, and make it oh so smooth! Now, Roddy, let’s talk about this card!

Perkins:
We got a focus on quality tonight starting with Brian Toogood facing off against Patriot after a “showcase match,” he arranges. Brian Toogood has been loud, has been poking the bear with Patriot, and he’s talked a big game, but will his first impression be good?

Shine: When you have as much confidence as BTG has it can either make you untouchable, or make it hurt oh so more once someone knocks you down. And if he overlooks the Red, White, and Blue fury of Patriot, then it won’t be Toogood with two wins.

Perkins: Then, in a match that we expect to be an outright brawl, we got ourselves the British Apprentice Reagan Cole in a first time ever match up against Darius Wright. Two men with street fighting background, we have to see if Reagan Cole stands his ground or Darius Wright will make him “Pay the cost?”

Shine: Darius is one scary dude and most people would cower at the thought of facing him, but Reagan Cole’s faced some scary dudes and gals in his career, if anyone will go unphased by Darius, it’s him.

Perkins: Then, in our main event, a Strong Style Clash of the present and future as Leo Kobashi faces against Chris Young.

Shine: Oh, man, whenever I faced someone who knew how to fight in strong style, the matches always… always hurt. The style is so diverse that you can expect anything in the main event.

Perkins: And with that in mind, let’s get Foundation rolling!

The two men nodded before going to their commentary table at long last, kicking off the show.

Surprisingly drawing a fair amount of boos for his debut, Brian Toogood’s theme music “Live Fast, Die Young,” begins to play with the lights dimming. After about 10 seconds of the rap track, the 21-year-old walks out from the curtains, back turned to the crowd, decked out in a shining white and gold vest, with a matching fedora and in-ring attire.

Perkins: Our first match with LDW was not exactly the one originally advertised thanks to the “complaints,” brought by Brian Toogood via his agent. After not being happy to face Patriot tonight, he requested and was granted an opportunity to face an opponent of his choosing. However, he is still forced to face Patriot later on. This is… A Brian Toogood Showcase he calls it.

Shine: A debut where you win two matches in a row would be nothing to sneeze at. Some people may think he was trying to dodge Patriot, but I think it’s up to Brian trying to create some buzz after not being locked out of the main event.

After about forty-seconds into his music, Brian Toogood turns around, arms-spread showing a smug grin. He tips his sunglasses and winks at the Manchester crowd before walking towards the ring as Clarrissa Garcia does her introduction.

Garcia: This following contest is scheduled for one fall. Introducing first, from Buffalo, New York, weighing in at 243 pounds, B-T-G, Brian Toogood!

In tune with her saying his initials, Brian Toogood points at his chest before spreading his arms out at the mention of his name. The self-proclaimed “Big Money” prospect in Brian Toogood, walks around the ring and steps onto the apron, putting one foot into the ring and taking off his shades. When in the ring, Brian Toogood gets onto the top turnbuckles to pose before his theme music cuts away. Requesting a microphone from an attendant, the crowd will have the unfortunate pleasure of listening to BTG.

BTG: First of all, to our lovely announcer, Miss Clarissa Garcia, while I get it's your first night on the job, you have to do better than that absolute crap next time with your introductions. You’re meant to be a professional and you do that?

Perkins: She did fine, it’s just you having a problem.

Shine: I have a feeling you won’t like him...

There are several boos from the crowd which causes Brian Toogood to chuckle and gesture for the audience to calm down.

BTG: Hey hey, don’t hate on me, I’m speaking the truth! Pause a bit more so I can have the proper build to a crescendo that is my arrival. Don’t take it the wrong way, you’re a lovely gal, though, but I deserve better. Getting that sorted, welcome, freaks and geeks, to the historic beginning of Liberty or Death Wrestling and it is only fitting it that The Great Brian Toogood is making it. But as we all know it was nearly going to be shared with someone not worthy. That man is known as Patriot.

Upon the mention of his opponent, later on, there is surprisingly a small cheer from the fans who may have warmed up a bit to him from what they saw before the show. Brian shudders at the thought of his Liberty loving foe and continues on.

BTG: I was horrified at the idea of having to that low-life Boston scum for my debut. It’s just a bigger and viler New Hampshire. Especially with his attempts to spread a viral disease to be over social media, and his sad attempts at mind-games.

Perkins: What mind games?

Shine: Don’t you know?

BTG: Don’t play dumb, Patriot, you know what you did! But you left me tired and realizing that BTG vs Patriot is not the “Big Money” debut I deserve. Considering I had training from each coast of this country, in Europe, hell, even Canada! Canada, man! Did I put myself through all of that for you? I don’t just want a good debut by beating you in this ring, it needs to be more. So thankfully cooler heads prevailed and after a long talk with my agent and the couple in charge, I got to choose my debut opponent and the match. With my idea is using this as my mission statement match. I want this company and everyone here to realize the star power I bring and to bring shame to the freaks and geeks that plague this industry. The fact I still have to face you, Patriot, doesn’t scare me. And if anything, going 2-0 in my debut night will be Just… Too… Good! Let’s bring out my hand-picked opponent so Toogood can have two wins!

And with that, Brian tosses the microphone to an attendant and removes his fedora and vest to wait for his opponent which is…

The lights of the arena begin to flash green as the theme music of BTG’s opponent begins to build for about 20 seconds before, rushing out, is the masked wrestler Taboo! He has an insane laugh and tilts his head, looking at the crowd before running around down the ramp and the ring.

Garcia:
And his opponent, from The Other Realm, weighing in at 201 pounds, Taboo!

Perkins: ...Where on Earth did Brian find Taboo as an opponent?

Shine: He’s an absolute Freak!

Clearly picking someone he finds as a bit of a “freak,” BTG chuckles as he sees his off the wall opponent run around the ring before rolling in. and runs around, rolling all over the place. He’s frantic and a bit manic, but who knows what he may bring?

After the official finally gets Taboo in his corner, he looks at the Masked man from “The Other Realm” and then he checks Brian Toogood. The bell rings and the first match in LDW history begins…

With Brain Toogood immediately rushing in and hitting a jumping Super Kick on Taboo, knocking him into the corner!

Perkins: “The Best Kick Around,” to start this match! Brian’s going to put Taboo away quickly!

Shine: He nearly kicked his head off, mask included!

With Taboo dazed in the corner, Brian stomps several times to bring him down to the mat and chokes him with his foot, forcing a count from the official. He stops before doing one quick stomp to the chest for good measure and backs up. With Taboo’s already frantic mind scrambled, he grunts as he pulls himself up by the ropes, which Toogood immediately follows up with a jumping clothesline in the corner! Taboo faceplants into the mat as Bran Toogood, who is sitting on the ropes after the lariat, steps back into the ring. He slowly drags Taboo up to his feet, kneeing him in the gut, before hoisting him up and face first into the mat with an Elevated Flatliner!

Perkins: And Taboo is down again, Upside Flatliner!

Shine: We’re already seeing a mean-streak and now he flattened Taboo like a pancake!

After crashing this “Freak,” into the mat Brian Toogood appears to be ready to put him away. He puts him in a Suplex position after dragging his semi-conscious body to his feet before picking him up and dropping him head first onto his knee! The Good Night’s Sleep! It is academic as Brian lies on him for a one-two-three!

Perkins: Well, was this really a “Big Money” debut? I mean, I doubt he picked the best competition.

Shine: He’s mantra is to slay the freaks in wrestling and I think that was his motivation for this, find the biggest oddity he could and crush him!

Before Clarissa Garcia can even announce him as a winner, Brian Toogood asks for them to cut his theme and he asks for the microphone from her.

BTG: No no, this match isn’t over yet. Because remember, I get to pick the stipulation too. It’s in my contract and if I don’t get it, I’m sure this company won’t have a second show! So, this match is Two out of Three Falls! Ring the bell, let me beat this Freak one more time!

Drawing boos from the crowd, Brian Toogood rolls into the ring and waits for the official to reluctantly bring Taboo back to his feet.

Perkins:
Really, Brian? Do you really want to do this? You already beat Taboo once!

Shine: He signed the contract, I’m not arguing with the legality of this move.

Finally, once the bell rings a second time, Brain Toogood is back to crushing Taboo again, throwing him full force into the corner, sending his left shoulder crashing into the ring post! With Taboo still stuck, Brian Toogood stands on his back in the corner and does a mocking crying gesture before pulling back on the arm almost like a Fujiwara armbar, holding until a four count, drawing more hate from the crowd. Taboo finally escapes the corner, but Brian Toogood quickly follows up by scooping him up for a shoulder breaker!

Holding his shoulder in pain, Taboo’s arm is completely wrecked after the three straight moves against it, but it may be feeling worse in a moment. Brian Toogood bends his elbow and stands on his wrist, before stomping full force on the arm!

Perkins: There has to be an injury to Taboo now! Brian, we get it, you beat up freaks and crave TV time, just end it!

Shine: ...Yeah, that elbow needs some ice.

Sadly for Rodney Perkins, Brain Toogood has another idea or two before he wants to put away his masked foe. BTG pulls him up by the arm and wrenches it, trapping Taboo. The snob from Upstate New York pulls his fist back for a punch, instead, he pokes Taboo in the eyes to another warning from the ref. Brain Toogood quickly transitions and nearly takes Taboo’s head off with a Hammerlock Lariat that folds him inside out!

Perkins: Buffalo Steak Lariat! Now you’re satisfied?

Shine: Just end this, man. You’re crushing him.

Thankfully, Brian Toogood is finally ending his prolonged beating of Taboo. He quickly secures a Kimura Lock with the body scissors and the Buffalo Wild Wing is locked in! Taboo upon realizing the pain he is in has to tap out to save himself!

Perkins: Thank you! He finally puts this match to rest with his Buffalo Wild Wing!

Garcia: The winner of this match by a result of a Submission, B-T-G… Brian Toogood!

Not even breaking a sweat, it was clear now why Brian Toogood wanted to choose his debut match and stipulation, to show off a display of dominance. Brian gets up and his arm is raised, soaking in the spotlight he craves.

Perkins: Well, I don’t have to like it, but the former two-sport athlete got exactly what he wanted and frankly proved he can have a bit of a mean-streak if he wants.

Shine: Mean-streak, powerful, big-headed and can pick apart an opponent.

Brian Toogood wipes his feet on the canvas and takes one step out and looking at Taboo holding his arm. He laughs and wags his finger before jumping back in and locking in the Buffalo Wild Wing a second time!

Perkins: Stop this, Brian! I’m getting sick of it!

Shine: I doubt he’s showing the crowd how to do that submission if they missed it the first time!

With Brian Toogood having a big grin on his face will torquing the wrist of Taboo, he is having fun at the freak’s expense while the crowd boo. But thankfully, someone is here to rescue him.

Corresponding with flashing red, white and blue lights and the song by Beartooth, Brian Toogood’s REAL opponent tonight, Patriot with his in-ring gear on, rushes out, clearly tired of BTG’s showboating and outright bullying of Taboo and storms the ring.

Perkins: And Patriot’s seen enough! After weeks of jabs on social media, this attack has pushed him over a line!

Shine: And a vengeful American Patriot is not exactly the man you want to mess with!

With his expression changing from cockiness to shock, Brain Toogood quickly let’s go of the hold and rolls out of the ring. Patriot quickly checks on Taboo before grabbing a microphone as his theme music fades.

Patriot: Manchester! If you want to see Brian Toogood tap out tonight shake the arena!

The fans in attendance begin to all stomp their feet and cheer for the interrupting man. Brian can be seen disgusted at the sight of this and begins to yell inaudibly at smiling Patriot.

Patriot: I don't think he can hear you over his ego, Manchester. Make it a little louder for him!

The sound increases and Brian shouts “I ain’t tapping to you, dummy!” before focusing back on Patriot. Who is wearing the same shirt from his interview for some reason.

Patriot: You see Brian, you can act like the big man on campus all you want. See yourself as the best this business has ever seen. Believe that you're the whole damn show. But when the time comes for you to face me, you show what you really are. A coward!

Brian shouts back at him “I’m no coward!” while Patriot chuckles.

Patriot: Well Brian we can solve that problem. Show all the fans in attendance that Brian Toogood CAN back up his mouth. But not against a guy who got told hours earlier that he'd be wrestling, no … against the guy that's actually scheduled to face him. Because after the stunt you pulled on Taboo, I'm going to show you EXACTLY what this Boston Germ does to guys like you!

Patriot's gaze that of serious aggression as he speaks.

Patriot: Seeing as how you're already warmed up … the referee is already out here, and I'm ready to give these fans their money's worth … I say we do this RIGHT NOW!

The fans cheer again as Patriot drops the microphone and sheds his shirt. He motions to Brian to bring it as a referee slides into the ring, ready to start the scheduled match. Brian Toogood, almost begrudgingly, steps onto the apron and slowly gets into the ring for the match to actually begin.

Singles Match

Brian Toogood
vs Patriot

Match Summary

To match with his typical demeanor of using “fair play,” Patriot starts the match attempting to get into a technical wrestling sequence with Brian Toogood, and while Brian may be a former amateur wrestler, his foul mood keeps him from playing along and Patriot forces him into his type of match, picking up the pace and doing a quick sequence of arm drags and kicks, topping it with a hurricanrana, forcing Brian to take a quick breather on the outside. Not letting up, Patriot nails a baseball slide dropkick to the outside and high fives several fans before getting BTG back into the ring. However, feeling a little too eager to make Toogood tap out as he said he would, he attempts the Liberty Lock too early and Brian blocks the attempt, nailing him with a lariat, changing the tide of the match.

When in control, Brian mixes in three things, a ground game of submissions that wear him down, including a Boston Crab (don’t tell him the place the move is named after), power, such as several suplexes, and gloating whenever he can. The first attempt Patriot makes to come back, he is nailed with a Double A-Spinebuster, then is knocked loopy with a Buffalo Steak Lariat. Patriot kicks out, but Brian kept control, even enjoying his time to get under the skin of the crowd. However, in taking time to mouth off to the crowd, Patriot finds the moment to reverse an attempt at a Downside Guarantee, Patriot nearly rolls him up, and upon a kick out, tells him “Donut Getup,” with his rainmaker DDT. Upon getting up, Patriot nails chain of moves, knocking BTG down at last with a Tornado DDT, and follows with the Diving Homecoming Elbow, but Brian manages to stay in the match by kicking out at two.

Finally, with Brian Toogood a bit more worn down, Patriot manages to slide him into the very hold he has been taunting him with, not a “Loser Lock,” but an STF Camel Clutch, the Liberty Lock! Brian Toogood screams out as his back is being bent, however, due to Patriot’s smaller frame, he has to bend down more, giving Brian enough reach to rake his eyes and force a break. Brian drops him with the Downside Guarantee, but Patriot finds a way to power out before three. Signalling the end, Brian tries to drop him on his knee for a “Good Night’s Sleep,” but Patriot turns the Brainbuster into a small package, nearly sealing a win, but he couldn’t keep the shoulder down for three. Trying to change his approach, Patriot starts to run to the ropes for his Springboard Stuna’, but a resourceful Toogood dropkicks the middle rope from under him, forcing Patriot to slam on the mat. Seizing his chance, BTG rolls him up for a pin, and with the near-by ropes for insurance as leverage with the ref too focused on the shoulders, gets a tainted, but still on the records, win.

Winner:

Brian Toogood

In
14:37

Perkins: And Brian Toogood actually did it! Two wins in one night, although I don’t think they were exactly heart-filled. From picking lack-lustre competition at first then using the ropes for that extra leverage, it’s hardly a heroic performance.

Shine: Way he did it or not, it’s exactly the debut he wanted, and he took his chance against a very game Patriot, and got his two wins.

Upon the official hitting three, Brian immediately rolls out of the ring, overjoyed at his second win. Patriot, upon realizing what had happened, pounds the mat before shaking his head, mouthing shakes his head, muttering “I had you… I had you.” But the egomaniac from Buffalo ignores him, pointing at himself shouting “Toogood, two wins!” as the audience boo when we head to a quick break.

Singles Match

Darius Wright vs Reagan Cole

Right before this next match takes place, all of the lights suddenly shut off followed by the sound of the electricity powering down. Not much is heard but the fans cheering, whistling even screaming, the commentary team making their remarks for these next 10 seconds as they all sit in the darkness with anticipation for the lights to come back on. And then everybody hears this familiar intro:

...and the audience erupts into an uproar. Once the intro is done, the music begins and white lights all over the arena start to flicker to each word in the bridge of the entrance song. And finally, the lights return with Darius Wright stepping out onto the stage. He does his slow stroll with his grim expression, look out over the entire crowd, nodding his head at them and then tugging at the top of his brand new sleeveless t-shirt that reads “STILL...FEARS...NOTHING!”

Garcia: This following contest is scheduled for one fall. Making his way to the ring first, from Los Angeles, California, weighing in at 243 pounds, the Dark Traveler, Darius Wright!

Perkins:
Intense, unforgiving, and a potential hazard to his health, he’s been warning Reagan Cole of the risks of facing him. He said his pride would be his downfall. However, he’s probably against the one person who can match him brawling wise against this roster and can match him in so many ways.

Shine: We have seen intensity from Darius before and that’s often the recipe for success. However, D’Dub’s big break hasn’t come yet. Laying the “Foundation,” pun intended, for it can start tonight.

DW makes his way down the ramp, up to the ring steps and through the top and middle ropes. The lights are still flickering to each word in the bridge of Jeezy’s Scared Of The Dark. When he gets in the center of the ring, Darius takes a moment and confidently dust his hands with a slight smirk.

After Darius Wright has made his entrance, he bounces in place, keeping his eyes glued to the entrance-way until the theme music of Reagan Cole blares through the PA system.

The electric guitar takes over as the crowd builds up their anticipation before finally the opening line of "I stop the world and walked away, I was melting in." breaks in and Reagan Cole makes his presence known as he walks through the curtain and there is a massive smirk on his face as he wears a maroon jacket as well as a t-shirt proudly showcasing a custom T with the Union Jack on it. Reagan stands there soaking the positive reaction for him because no matter how many times he hears it, nothing beats the crowd's energy.

Perkins: Will there be a “Price to Pay,” for the veteran tonight. He’s made several trips and appearances to multiple promotions throughout his career, and he has a big mountain ahead of him in Darius Wright. Now, Wally, want to give your thoughts?

Shine: Reagan Cole’s not exactly new to the idea of being an underdog in a match. He’s got the experience edge over Darius though, by a country mile. I just have to see if the man from Essex will prove his mastery over Darius Wright.

After a couple moments Reagan stretches his arms as he starts to walk down the ramp, high fiving some fans as he goes, he stretches his neck trying to get himself as he can be for the upcoming contest. By now he's reached the ringside area as Reagan completes a full lap of the ring, still slapping hands with a few people while he looks directly at Darius in the ring, showing no fear against his intense foe. Then he suddenly darts away from the crowd, leaping onto the apron and holding himself against the ropes. He stands and slips inside, quickly hopping up to the middle buckle so he can hear the crowd reaction one more time. Before jumping off the turnbuckle landing feet first onto the mat, making sure that nothing will go wrong and take his plan off track, especially against Darius Wright.

Match Summary:

With both fighters in their neutral corners, the bell finally rings and Darius steps out to the middle in a boxing stance. He shouts at Reagan Cole to put his hands up, “PUT YOUR HANDS UP! COME ON, PUT ‘EM UP!”. He charges forward at Reagan while throwing a barrage of punches while Reagan properly blocks them by folding up with his arms and hands to protect himself. Then as DW goes to walk off in an arrogant fashion, Reagan gets back in his offence stance and when DW turns back around the British Apprentice starts to throw well-placed punches at both Darius’ head and rib areas. Cole gets DW to cower in his defence position towards one of the corners. As the referee intervenes to make sure both competitors get the proper distance as Darius now have to stand back up from the corner. And now the fight is on as DW gets upset and trash talks Reagan, “YOU PIECE OF SHIT! I WASN’T READY YET! Learn how to count THREE THEN GO! ONE, TWO, THREE THEN GO!”. Everyone joins in on the laughter of this comical moment right before the referee gets ready to move from between these two brawlers.

Darius rises back to his feet and dash towards Reagan for running clothesline but Cole ducks under and goes for an Olympic Slam. However, D-Dub flips his body over, landing on his feet and hitting a backfist to the back of Reagan’s skull. This has Reagan rocked for a brief moment as he’s quickly laid out for the moment. Darius once again does take his opponent serious and panders to the crowd. While he’s taken his focus off of Reagan, The British Apprentice hops back up to his feet, runs back first into the ropes and connect to The Dark Traveler’s temple with a running single leg dropkick. Darius seems to be incapacitated so Reagan goes for the cover and Darius kicks out before the count of 2. Struggling to get away and hopefully get back to his feet, DW crawls towards a corner but goes for his Heel Hook, The Cole Lock. D-Dub fights his way from getting put in this tough submission and counters into his own submission, a Locoplata called The Reaper’s Clutch. But right before he can grab the available arm of Cole’s, Reagan lifts both him and Darius (who is wrapped around his torso, holding onto the other arm) up off the mat and slams DW down hard. Both wrestlers are laid out and winded as one used a lot of energy in his offence and the other lost quite a bit of energy from the impact.

Then The British Apprentice gets an idea to do a move in his arsenal as he starts to grin with joy on his face. He crawls over to The Dark Traveler and proceeds to lock in...the Disasterpiece (Regal Stretch with repeated headbutts), Cole hits one headbutt after another while the ref and the crowd loudly count each one. Cole gets five hard headbutts in before the ref pulls him off his opponent and he releases the hold, now looking to hit another move perhaps for the win. Darius’ eyes are shut and he is lying motionless until Reagan picks him up off the mat and that’s when DW barely able to stand, throws an elbow smash and then another one and one more. A stunned Reagan Cole quickly strikes back with a forearm smash, gaining back control and adding a gutbuster for good measure. Down again, Darius hollers in agony as he grabs at his abdomen and tries to get to his feet. The British Apprentice sees his perfect opportunity to end this match with Kotaro Krusher, The Fire of Cole as he bounces off the ropes and to the unaware Dark Traveler who just got to his bearings. Cole hops up on the shoulders of DW before he comes crashing down and planting his competitor’s face.

But DW was prepared for this and instead of Reagan driving his face into the mat, he lifts him up over the shoulder and swings him onto the next, setting him right up for The Dark Cloud. Darius hits this finisher, immediately goes for the pin and a three count later, he has won his match on this inaugural night.

Winner:

Darius Wright

in
17:23

Perkins: Casting no doubt at all, Darius Wright made Reagan Cole “Pay the Cost” tonight.

Shine: But it wasn’t exactly a purely dominant victory and he had to earn every inch with the veteran.

Perkins: Still, I have to wonder what will it take to keep him down?

Shine: And how Reagan Cole will bounce back after this?

Darius Wright stands victorious, theme music blaring throughout the arena, with one hand on his abdomen and another on the back of his head as the referee comes to raise his arm during the announcement of the winner. Darius keeps a stare at his resting opponent and he yells, “ I TOLD Y'ALL! I TOLD Y'ALL I WAS GONNA MAKE YA’LL PAY THE COST! I TOLD Y'ALL!” before we fade to a brief break before the main event.

Main Event
Singles Match

Leo Kobashi vs Chris Young

After a stellar night filled with memorable action, it’s time to end this remarkable night with more of the same action and surprises you can expect in LDW.

Garcia: Ladies and gentlemen, the following contest is your main event of the evening and it is scheduled for one fall!

After the main event is introduced, the lights in the arena begin to flash between sky blue, white and dark blue as the upbeat song “Peace Sign” by Kenshi Yonezu plays to the enjoyment of the crowd.

Garcia: Making his way to the ring, from Honolulu, Hawaii, weighing in at 155 pounds, he is “The Hyper Technician” Leo Kobashi!

Leo is taking in all the love and energy from this hot crowd tonight while quickly making his way towards the ring, overcome with excitement.

Perkins: This young upstart is sure to put some smiles on faces and eyes on his matches with his unwillingness to stay down and with his incredible in-ring prowess. Top it all off with the relatability to the crowd and you have a bonafide future star right before you.

Shine: It’s a lot of potential with him, but it always takes time to fine tune yourself. He’s walking in here in the main event on your first night, that kind of pressure is never easy to face. If he steps up to the plate and shines through with a win, it’ll be a major... major statement.

At this point Leo is on the top turnbuckle with his arms outstretched, absorbing the energy from the crowd. He jumps down from the top as his music fades and he awaits his opponent.

Smoke begins to fill the stage as “Lusus Naturae” by Jeff Williams starts to play. Out on the stage comes Chris Young, pulling off the hood covering his head as the beat drops in his theme, and heading down the ramp.

Garcia: And his opponent! From Atlanta, Georgia, weighing in at 218 pounds, “The Bad Luck Charm” Chris Young!

Perkins: “The Bad Luck Charm” Chris Young, grizzled veteran that has been just about everywhere, you name the company and he’s probably wrestled in their ring. Although he’s gained the reputation of being amazing wherever he’s gone, lately he’s been known as bad luck, but whether that is towards his opponent or himself remains to be seen. We will find out by the time our main event is over.

Shine: And if there is a place to snap it, this is the time. You don’t want to start a company with a major loss in the main event. It puts you back at square one from the start and with Leo being younger, he has more time to recover from it, but Chris Young, I don’t know, man.

Walking up the steps, Chris takes a look at his younger opponent and slowly nods, acknowledging him before he steps inside the squared-circle. Chris Young heads to the turnbuckles to stand on them with his hand up to show off his “CY” logo embedded on his gloves. Leaving the top rope, he stands in the center of the ring, showing off his logo once again while looking at his opponent Leo Kobashi.

Match Summary:

As is to be expected from two Strong Style stalwarts, Leo Kobashi and Chris Young intensely stare one another down when the bell rings, neither breaking their gaze, before locking up in a collar-and-elbow tie-up. They struggle for a moment until the larger of the two, Chris Young, backs Leo into a corner and forces his forearm onto his face, rubbing it in before the referee separates the two.

Having gone back and forth, both men trying to out grapple their opponent, Leo lives up to his hyper moniker and quickens the pace by sending Chris Young off the ropes and into a dropkick which causes him to stumble back off of the ropes towards Leo once more who throws a quick roundhouse at the head of “The Amazing One”! However, Chris manages to duck out of the way, grab Leo by the waist to get behind him and hit a Dragon Suplex hard onto the mat, causing Leo to roll onto the apron to regain his bearings as Chris Young slaps his chest and points at the crowd before turning his attention back to “The Hyper Technician”. Young runs towards Leo who is completely prepared for the Strong Style veteran, as he pulls himself through the middle rope, hitting the “Sky Piercing Spear” to the thunderous reaction of the audience who, like the victim of the move, did not see that one coming! Leo goes for a quick pin, but Chris almost immediately kicks out. Leo Kobashi uses the ropes to pick himself up as Chris Young does the same, both men continuing to stare each other down while the crowd claps and cheers at the intensity on display.

The hard-hitting action between both men has taken its toll as they are now bruised-up from the stiff shots and even harsher slams onto the mat. Chris Young and Leo Kobashi stand in the middle of the ring talking smack and smirking at each other. Chris gets close to the face of Leo but is stopped when Leo puts up a finger in front of his mouth and a “shhhhh” can be heard. Young smiles slightly and nods his head in agreement before laying in a hard chop to the chest of Kobashi! Not one to be outdone in this department, Leo lays in a hard chop of his own to the chest of Chris Young. Wit welts appearing on their chests, both competitors begin trading blows back and forth in the middle of the ring; forearms are met with elbows, elbows are met with punches and punches are met with slaps as both men grow increasingly more aggressive after each strike! Suddenly Chris Young gets the upper hand and begins his “Blades of Mercy” strike combination, but the finishing lariat is ducked by the hyper rookie who answers with a series of kicks to the legs and body of Chris Young! He goes for a roundhouse, but much like earlier it is ducked by Young, and as Leo turns back around to face him, both men throw stiff rights, connecting flush on the jaw of each of them, sending both men down and laying dazed on the mat.

Both competitors are arguably drained, but neither wants to give up and both are willing to go to any lengths to win, evidenced by Chris Young having Leo Kobashi set-up on the top rope. He appears to be going for his Inverted Double Underhook Facebuster known as the “Crescent Rose” from the top! He has the move positioned perfectly, or so he believes, as his bad luck rears its ugly head at and Leo Kobashi has hooked his legs around the turnbuckle without Chris noticing. As Chris Young jumps off the top rope, Leo slips down onto a seated position on the top turnbuckle and Young drops hard, back first onto the mat! Firmly in control and standing on the top rope, Leo calls to the crowd, garnering their cheers and signalling for the end. He looks down at Chris Young, preparing to go for the “HYPERSAULT” to end this match and cement his debut in the main event of Foundation! However, feeling the energy from the crowd, and wanting to put a stamp on the match, he gets off the top rope and brings Chris Young to his feet. He looks Chris Young in the eyes:

“This was fun, Chris! Let’s do it again sometime!”

Sticking with his tried-and-true formula, Leo manoeuvres Chris Young up into the air for the “Stardust Driver” (Falcon Arrow) that is usually followed by the “HYPERSAULT”; however, this does not go as planned. The veteran Chris Young had this scouted, knowing that the inexperience of Leo Kobashi would cause him to make the one mistake you can never afford to make in a high-profile match, not capitalizing on a blatant opportunity in favour of playing to the crowd. As Leo brings Young down, “The Amazing Classic” is able to transition his descent into the equally as classic Victory Roll pinning position, with his entire weight pressing the shoulders of Kobashi down!

One!

Two!

Three!

The surprise roll-up leads to the main event victory for Chris Young!

Winner:

Chris Young

in
23:15

Chris Young secures the win over the less-experienced Leo Kobashi, by using his veteran instinct to his advantage. Chris Young gets to his feet and celebrates his win. Leo Kobashi, panting, looks over at Chris Young, smirks and then goes to leave the ring. Before he gets the chance to get a leg through the rope, Chris Young is behind him and turns him around. The two men lock eyes in the center of the ring.

“This was fun, Leo. Let’s do it again sometime.”

Chris Young holds out his hand towards Leo Kobashi. Leo, hands on his hips, looks around at the crowd, then to Chris Young and his outstretched hand. Enthusiastically, he reaches in for the handshake and the crowd responds with approval as both men ---

The lights go out and the sound of tv static can be heard for a few brief seconds before transitioning into the sound of an old tv turning off.

An unfamiliar tune begins to play throughout the arena as the lights transition between purple, red and gold through the darkness. The fans, as well as Leo Kobashi and Chris Young, all stare at the stage in confusion. At 25 seconds into the song, onto the stage shines a single spotlight, illuminating a person that shocks the audience in attendance. The camera cuts to a shocked look on the face of Chris Young as Rodney Perkins breaks through on-air.

Perkins: HOLY [censored] IT’S EDEN?!

Shine: You didn’t think this? Did you look at the signature on-

Perkins: We haven’t seen her since… What?

On the stage is Eden, the wife of the infamous competitor and dominant champion, Slate Bass. In her left arm is a one-year-old baby girl wrapped delicately in a rose-patterned blanket. Eden has made her way onto the apron and motions for the two men in the ring to assist her. Chris Young walks over and stares her in the eyes before holding the ropes open for her and Leo Kobashi is briefly handed Keres so Eden can go through the ropes.

Perkins: What is she doing here, does she even work here?! And a baby, she’s a MOTHER NOW?!

Shine: I mean, uh, her and her husband likely were...

Chris Young and Leo Kobashi lean in opposite corners as a stagehand brings Eden a microphone in the middle of the ring as her music stops.

Eden: Too long…

She turns to her left and starts pacing.

Eden: Far, far too long…

The Seamstress of Reality walks up to Leo Kobashi, eyeing him up and down. She turns and begins walking towards Chris Young.

Eden:
Far too long has our influence on destiny remained absent.

Eden walks away from Chris Young and returns to the center of the ring, looking lovingly at her child. She kisses Keres on the forehead before turning her attention back to the camera.

Eden: Frontier after frontier, company after company, country after country, person after person…our dominance has known no limit. What is there left to do when your very presence dictates whether something flourishes or decays? Do you…take everything and watch it burn to the ground in a blaze of fire and ash-filled air?

Eden looks up towards the roof of the arena then looks over the entire crowd.

Eden: Or do you…give birth…to something new, something powerful and something so influential that it holds the destiny of everything it touches…in the palm of its hand?

Perkins: What does that even mean?

Shine: Perkins, I was trying to tell you-

Eden: This thing can make you or break you in the blink of an eye, it can mould you however it wants because it controls everything… We control everything…

Perkins: Wait, what?!

Shine: Bingo, I was trying to tell you!

The lights dim and the song “Monsters” by Ruelle begins to play in an arena for the first time in a long time. At 20 seconds into the song, the “Torn” Slate Bass saunters onto the stage with a Martini glass in his right hand and a microphone in his left. Sticking out of the martini glass is a tiny American flag.

His theme stops as he raises the microphone up to speak.

Slate Bass: Welcome to the Bassignani Residence.

Slate takes a sip of his Martini.

Slate Bass:
Welcome to Liberty or Death Wrestling.

The audience is stunned, as is everyone else except for one commentator who actually read his contract with him saying…

Shine: That’s right, Slate Bass and Eden own this joint! They own Liberty or Death Wrestling!

The show comes to a close amid a chorus of “holy sh--!” chants from the crowd, just in shock over the revelations they learned. Slate Bass and Eden own Liberty or Death Wrestling. We are in their own world now.

@Grunt Beavie
@Jonny Nostradamus
@Jeffry Fucking Mason
@Patriot Pants
@King Of Armageddon
@Seto The Ace of WWEF
@Impactsona
@The Gipper

Thanks for your guy's help on this show. A sign up card for PrimeTime will be up tomorrow. Hope you enjoy! <3