LC4: Andrew v. Defiant-Sensei

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The_King

Reaction score
Andrew's Entry
kanetaker.jpg

Defiant's Entry
34ijx1t.jpg

When voting, please clearly specify who you are voting for. Support for your vote is greatly appreciated but not required.
The battle will close at the time of the due date specified on the card.
Good luck!

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Going Andrew here, don't really like the cartoon theme on Defiants

The_King

Reaction score
Andrew: First time I looked at this, I wasn't really sure what to think, but it's definitely grown on me. I love what you did with the picture based portion of the banner. The shifting Taker expressions are a really cool feature. The Kane portion is a bit over the top for my taste but still effective. This would be great with a better font and a smaller text bar.
Defiant: I get that you're going for Mortal Kombat Austin v. Punk type of thing, but the logo just doesn't fit with the roster page. On top of that, the cartoon renders just don't work. I really like the idea of the banner creatively, but the image and background choice just don't flow well together for me.

My vote goes to Andrew.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Both are very good but I don't really like Andrews as it didn't catch my eye and there is too much Taker on it compared to Kane.

My vote goes to Defiant-sensei.

Lewb

Reaction score
Andrew - Soundly made. But 2 kanes vs. 5 Undertakers is making it look really one sided and to show off a feud, it's making it look like your on the deadmans side. Not a fan of the Kane image in the fire either considering its the same render as the normal.

Defiant - I agree with others where the cartoon doesn't work. Maybe if you used Video game versions of them, it would have fitted more with the concept. I do like the roster idea though, it's really unique.

My vote - Defiant-sensei

The_King

Reaction score
We're tied now.
Let's get some more votes in here to break it up haha!

IA-SteveB

Reaction score
The Mortal Kombat theme is cool, but I do have to agree that the cartoon renders don't fit well with the real characters in the selection screen. A lot of work went into putting that together, so I commend you. Perhaps a better choice for the character selections would have been shots of WWE Squinkies rubber toys since they are caricatures themselves.

Andrew, I like the effect with the Deadman, but the balance is way off with the more dramatic Kane renders. Maybe that's what you were going for, but I am not feeling it. If it were balanced a bit more with the imagery, i.e. similar renders in terms of size and pose, I would change my mind. :)

After some consideration, I am going with Defiant-Sensai.

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
I wanted to give Andrew the vote, but scrolling down the page to the reply box, I have realized that Defiant will get my vote.

Andrew's work is just.. badass and it's just the wrestling GFX work stereotype, or how to call it, I'm sure you understand what I mean by that.

On the other hand, when I saw Defiant's work, I was like "damn, he knows how to do better, why did he do it like this". The MK idea is awesome man. But, then I saw all the little details, like the outer glow of the little boxes that highlight Punk and Stone Cold and shit and that just got me. I love the little details. So overall it's awesome. But, you should have used the WWE12 models. The whole cartoon thing is interesting, but meh.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I usually try to avoid commenting on my work in my own battle threads until most of the votes have come through, but in regards to the cartoon thing I was going for more of a fun, playful piece. It clashes with everything stylistically but I was going for something more lighthearted.

The_King

Reaction score
The battle is officially closed.
Defiant-Sensei (5) def. Andrew (2)