Lance Archer talks goals for full-time AEW return after recent NJPW tours

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
aew01646jpg.jpg

Lance Archer said he is open for a slow rebuild and reinvention upon his return to AEW.

The 45-year-old spoke to Busted Open Radio Wednesday for the first time since his recent promo where he called out AEW and NJPW for not using him how he thinks he should be used.

"I have created a base to who I am in the company, but things have gone awry. I'm ok with the idea of a slow rebuild. I'm ok with kind of reinventing myself and finding my place within the company to get back to fighting for those championships," he said.

He added that he understands why the fanbase wouldn't accept him coming right back into the title picture because of the rise of MJF, Ricky Starks and others, but wants to work to build himself back to that point.

He also said he would love that to be with Jake "The Snake" Roberts who recently returned to the company after his health improved and is off oxygen.

Archer delivered the following after one of the most recent NJPW events last week that saw the end of the Suzuki-gun faction he was a major part of:

Regarding the promo, Archer said that, "Everyone lets something out here and there once in a while. There's a little bit of angst coming out in that one. Like I said in the promo, I just come to kick ass. I don't come to kiss ass. I think everyone can see I do my part except to other people."

He said he was grateful for his AEW job that allowed him to work for NJPW and other companies as other promotions might not allow him to do that. However, he knows what he is capable of and wants that opportunity.

"I just know what I could be doing and should be doing," he said, later adding that frustration isn't just with one group like AEW.

"I'm ready for it to happen and I'm ready for it to happen now," he said. "I want to be there kicking ass with everyone who is on (AEW TV) and one of the big names everyone is paying attention to."

Archer worked four Dark/Dark: Elevation matches in September and October and lost to Starks in the first round of November's AEW World title eliminator tournament.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Wrong side of 40.....he'd be lucky to be TNT/TBS tier.

That mainevent ceiling getting lower and lower.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
It's a shame he got so good so late otherwise he would probs get a stronger push. Could be a fun all Atlantic champion down the line to take the belt to Japan for a bit

Reactions: Marty McFourth