Kyra Gracie Talking to Strikeforce

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
Kyragracie1_large.jpg
Kyra Gracie could be headed to MMA. The two-time ADCC winner is in negotiations with Strikeforce to fight in the women's 135 lb division, according to Tatame. She will compete at the ADCC's again in September, but could make her MMA debut soon:

"I’ve been training Boxing and Judo. It’s something that can happen too. I already received some proposals and I know MMA is becoming bigger. They (from Strikeforce) contacted me, invited me. I also received a proposal from Japan," Gracie told "IG". "We’re negotiating, setting some things with them (Strikeforce). Let’s say that, if I already had a contract, I’d be ready to fight today".

The 26-year-old is the first female Gracie to ever earn a black belt in BJJ. She is a four-time world champion along with her two ADCC wins, and has won the Pan-Americans five times. I think she might be a little small for the 135 lb. division personally, but her grappling credentials could definitely make up for that.