Kyle Kingsbury tells Sherdog that Fabio Maldonado gave him an epic beating at the TUF

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
04_kingsbury_maldonado.jpg
Kyle Kingsbury tells Sherdog that Fabio Maldonado gave him an epic beating at the TUF 13 Finale, despite Kingsbury earning the decision win:

"I was certainly in survival mode once he hit me in the eye," Kingsbury said. "I couldn’t even see out of it. It was terrible."

"We had done a number of things to try to strengthen my stomach going into the fight, getting used to taking hits there," Kingsbury said. "There’s just no way to really prepare for that kind of power and that kind of technique when he’s unloading like that to the body. That’s why you’d see I’d be in the clinch throwing knees and he’d bury one to the body, and I’d just let go. I had a perfect plum set up, but there was no way I was going to stay in there because I thought immediately, ‘Man, I can’t let that guy go off like that again.’"

"I’m not kidding when I say this: Every punch that guy threw hurt. No question at all," Kingsbury said. "Every one to the midsection, every punch to the side of the head, all of them hurt. Honestly, only Cain Velasquez hits me that hard, but he’s got on 18-ounce gloves when we’re doing that This guy had little gloves, and he just hit like a Mack truck. Everything was hurting."

Photo: Josh Hedges/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images