Kurt Angle: "Dana White Asked Me to Fight Kimbo Slice'

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
Kurt-Angle-WWE-Superstar-4_large.jpg
Anyone who knows much about Kurt Angle knows that he is a very colorful storyteller. Basically, the truth might not be as important as the story to Kurt, who is a pro wrestler for the TNA organization. It's an old pro wrestling adage (coined by Dick Murdoch, I believe) - "If a story's worth tellin', it's worth colorin' up a little bit". Angle did an interview with UK publication The Void where he ventured further of the path of realism and actually claimed that Dana White wanted him to fight Kimbo Slice. Here, read for yourself:

I called him (White) a couple of year later – I was getting a little tired of wrestling – I said "Hey, I’m ready", so we had another meeting and he had me do a physical, and he threw a great offer at me, but said "I need you in four and a half weeks."

I said "I can"t do that. You’ve gotta give me 3-6 months," but he said "I need you in four a half weeks," so I said "Well then, we’re not going to be able to do this."

We didn’t talk for a while, but now we’re back to being good friends.

The reason Dana White wanted me so quickly though, is because he wanted to put me in the next available PPV against Kimbo Slice.

For those of you that don't know Angle, he was the 1996 Olympic heavyweight wrestling gold medal winner that transitioned to pro wrestling in the aftermath. He's also an actor in the MMA-themed movie Warrior. He's flirted with the idea of doing MMA for years, and mentions in that article that he's spoken to MMA organizations five times about it (two of the five were with the UFC).

Now it's plausible that Angle might have been brought into the UFC at some point, but not at the point he's talking about. And certainly not to fight Mr. Ferguson, who was released from the UFC in May 2010 after a loss to Matt Mitrione. Angle is now in the process of training to make the 2012 US Olympic wrestling team apparently, and I wish him luck with that. I'm sure the stories that come out of that run will be hilariously inaccurate too.