Kris Statlander talks Full Gear and Jade Cargill

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Ahead of Saturday's AEW Full Gear and her title defense against Julia Hart and Skye Blue in a three-way, I spoke with TBS Champion Kris Statlander.

Statlander defeated Jade Cargill, the longest reigning TBS Champion at May's Double or Nothing. Since then, she has successfully defended against Emi Sakura, Ruby Soho, Britt Baker, and Cargill in a rematch.

Statlander talked about Saturday, her long title reign thus far, and more.

Full Gear

"I mean, every title defense, you always have the slight worry in the back of your mind, hoping that you don't mess up and fumble and lose. But I've beaten both of them before and I feel like I am in their heads more than they think that I am. And I feel pretty confident."

Even though she's trying to beat them both, she is also proud of the progress Blue and Hart have made in their young careers.

"As another female wrestler, I am just so proud of the progress of both of them have made and I am so proud to see them getting more comfortable in their skin. It's unfortunate that they have to be doing that against me. But you can't deny their progress, you can't deny their star power and you can't how bright of a future they have."

Cargill

Not only did Statlander end the 508-day reign of Cargill, she was also Cargill's opponent in her final AEW match.

"It was terrifying. To try and fill the shoes of such a star, that first night that it happened where I first became the champion, it was so exciting to be back and be a part of the roster and an active wrestler again, of course. But there's so much pressure that comes with being a champion, being a worthy champion, and you don't realize that until you have the belt in your hands.

And then once the belt is in your hands, the target's on your back, and everyone just has a much closer eye on you. And then being her last match, it felt bittersweet because I felt like there's so much more that I could have done with her. I feel like we really helped each other a lot and I'm just really proud that I got to be the last match. I think it was a very fitting sendoff."