Koscheck: I'd Rather Retire Than Fight Jon Fitch

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Josh Koscheck has ruled out the possibility of fighting good friend Jon Fitch despite splitting from American Kickboxing Academy, insisting he would rather 'quit' the sport than fight his good friend.

Koscheck called time on his partnership with his team AKA, who he has been with for nearly eight years, following his victory over Mike Pierce at UFC 143 on Saturday night.

The welterweight has been a long-time team-mate of Fitch's, and he is adamant the two will never clash in the Octagon.

"That ain't ever going to happen," Koscheck told MMAWeekly.com. "I'll move up a weight class or I'll just quit. Dana White, he's great about it, he was joking with me at the press conference and I joked with him back and I said 'good luck with that one buddy'.

"If me and Fitch became the No. 1 contenders, if we were fighting edge to edge for the title for the No. 1 contender, then I could see why Dana would say 'yeah you guys need to fight' but I would probably just end up walking away from the sport. Because it doesn't mean that much to me to fight a friend."

Glad he has this view on the fight, i have zero interest in seeing it also.

Last edited: