Kofi Kingston's Push

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
There were alot of people who were stoked about the Kingston/Orton feud. Kofi was being built up pretty good, while Orton was away from the title picture. This feud had tons of potential that hit it's peak at The Garden and seemed to have cooled down after that. After Orton beat Kingston at TLC, there was no follow up between the 2. Just that Kofi's arm was tapped up because he blocked the punt.

Kingston has gone from a top level feud with Orton, to teaming with Bourne (WWE's new Noble/Yang). Now I for one am hoping that Kingston's push hasn't stopped, but what do YOU think/want?

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I told Chessarmy that Kingstons push wouldn't last 2 months. Looks like I was right. Luckily it's been replaced by pushes for Drew McIntyre, Sheamus & R Truth. But it still remains to be seen if WWE's creative are just fucking with us again and whether or not we'll be all back to square one of the same old feuds over and over again as soon as Edge and Mysterio come back.

Axis

Wat. He teamed with Bourne for one week, and now he's labelled as "teaming with Bourne," giving the general feeling that it's a permanent demotion? That's silly. Granted, that tag team match should have gone about 10 minutes longer, but that's beside the point. First, Kofi wasn't the one pinned. Second, it could be leading to a Kofi/Cody feud or perhaps Kofi finds another tag partner to take on Priceless.

This is how a push is properly done. Feud with a main eventer and come out below him. Lead right into a feud with an upper midcarder, and go over. Then enter a feud with a different main eventer and either go over to be established as a main eventer, or rinse and repeat until it sticks.

Beer Money Army

I don't Mind Kofi Kingston, but i don't think he is ready to take on the Main Event Players within the WWE yet. He still needs to improve his craft inside the ring.

seX-Power

Whoever said that Truth is 'thankfully' being pushed over Kofi obviously hasn't seen Truth wrestle before. Or rap.

Sad to see Kofi brought back down so early. Hoping that his push isn't stalled too much, but it sure looked that way.

noumenon

I was pretty psyched to see him get pushed at first. I kind of soured on it a bit though when I honestly didn't see much character development asides from dropping the accent. I'm not sure we were given enough of a reason to buy into why we should be behind Kofi. I mean, he did kind of start shit by fucking up Orton's car.
I don't think dropping down to feud with Legacy would necessarily be a bad thing. Ted and Cody can fuckin go and they both need something to do for the time being. Maybe MVP can be the partner to Kofi that Henry wasn't to him.

I just think Kofi needs some more development before going any further with this push.

Kizza

Wait, people would rather see Truth main event than Kofi? Wow.

Kofi is one of the best things going for WWE. Solid in the ring. charismatic and able to get a reaction. You'd be nuts not to push him. Truth is the one example of how getting the crowd involved is the only way they react.

noumenon

Not saying he should be pushed over him but I think at some points R Truth is more over than Kofi at this point.

Kizza

Cos he raps and gets the crowd involved. That ALWAYS happens when there's interaction with the crowd. Truth is downright dreadful in the ring.

noumenon

You mean spinning off every move doesn't = amazing ring skills....wow. You sir have just impacted my life in a profound way. :p

Great One

I see more potential in MVP than Kofi.. MVP use to be the shit, sigh. So downhill. I'd love for him and Kofi to team and they be on the same road to being the next guys pushed. Maybe MVP could even have his own feud with Orton.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Wat. He teamed with Bourne for one week, and now he's labelled as "teaming with Bourne," giving the general feeling that it's a permanent demotion? That's silly. Granted, that tag team match should have gone about 10 minutes longer, but that's beside the point. First, Kofi wasn't the one pinned. Second, it could be leading to a Kofi/Cody feud or perhaps Kofi finds another tag partner to take on Priceless.

This is how a push is properly done. Feud with a main eventer and come out below him. Lead right into a feud with an upper midcarder, and go over. Then enter a feud with a different main eventer and either go over to be established as a main eventer, or rinse and repeat until it sticks.

I'm not sure who you have for specific examples where this worked. It ALMOST did for CM Punk, but we saw where Undertakers politics led to that booking method. We almost saw it with Legacy Vs. DX where they also went down against the veterans, but they haven't even had a mid card program for the past 2 months. We almost saw that with MVP, but he's never gotten that next upper card feud where he's supposed to either "go over or be established" let alone rinsing recylcing and repeating until his push stuck.

The best examples we have of this booking method working were stars that were established over 3 years ago. Such as Edge, Cena, Orton ect. It's a different age right now in WWE, and right now there's more proof of recently de-pushed stars using that failed method of booking than there is proof of stars that have become established due to this booking method.

Airfixx

Kofi.... He did kind of start shit by fucking up Orton's car.

Nah, dude.... He started it by interfering in the Cena/Orton Iron Man match, albeit to arguably even up the odds a bit as Legacy had already got involved at that point.

The car-bashing took place after Randy attacked Kofi for the above.

Absolutely... Some of the best booking (in as much as it's both simple AND progressive) I've seen in 'E for ages.

I can't fathom why they don't do this intermitently with all the ME-ers (throw the odd upper midc-carder at them)... The experience and quality of most of the ME-ers ensures the PPV match needn't be a total fail and they might just stumble accross a star... And none of this has tainted Orton in the slightest (Cena take note!).

Why we never saw MVP v HHH on SD to this day I have no idea.

Same as we should have had a Cena v Swagger match a month or two after he was drafted over to break up the monotony of Raw's main event scene this year.

Granted JoMo had some nice matches like this with Edge, Punk & Hardy earlier this year, but these aren't the untouchable ME-Ubers like HHH, Cena, Batista & such.

Beer Money Army said:
i don't think he is ready to take on the Main Event Players within the WWE yet. He still needs to improve his craft inside the ring.

That's pretty much the story being told anyway, so no probs there.

Also make a mental note ya'll: Kofi is the first person to block The Punt Of Doooooom (The same move that Orton has shelved both HHH & Batista with!).