Kofi Kingston, Shelton Benjamin and Elijah Burke

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Timmy T

Reaction score
I watched Kofi's debut last night and was pretty impressed.

I was thinking, ECW had a failed attempt at a stable early on.....If they put Kingston, Benjamin and Burke, together I think it would be a draw, and possibly the single most athletic team in the history of the wrestling buisness.

I just hate to see all three of these guys go unused and wasted on the undercard on ECW.

Switchy

Reaction score
Nice idea of a stable but you're wrong on one point, none of them are being underused. Shelton Benjamin is in the middle of a pretty nice push and Elijah Burke is going to get pushed sometime this year I can tell you that now and as for Kofi, he'll orolly get a bit of a push with him just debuting and everytihng. They are all hugely talented and I can guarantee you that Shelton and Elijah are both destined for success, I'm not sure about Kofi as of yet though...

Enigma22

Reaction score
id love to see something like that happen... i think kofi is a face tho and shelton and elijah are heels so i dont think it could happen tho... i think everyone has thought of this tho and atleast 2 of them should team up...

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

well shelton and elijah are 'homies' because elijah is the one who 'brought' shelton benjamin to ecw. so they could play on that

The Ripper

Reaction score
This will not happen, the reason the stables have gone is because with no tag titles there what are they going to go for 1 gets title shot others get nothing.

Plus it would have to be a heel stable because of shelton and elijahs gimmicks. The roster is full of heels why turn Kingston who can be a really good face.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
It would be interesting. I would love to see an all black stable.

Hell, maybe add a name like ''Team Blackout''.

Timmy T

Reaction score
As far as Kofi being a face ~Shrug~ He has had one match and that's an easy enough swing. And the point about them only having singles Titles to go for. Last I checked the Tag Titles were held by an ECW team and ECW stars are floating on to smackdown every week.

I think with the three of their athletic ability they would be very succesfull and very marketable

kofi will stay a face. otherwise these are the faces you have left: stevie richards, tommy dreamer nunzio (if he is jobbing to a heel), cm punk. the rest of the roster are heels aready, we dont need another

The Ripper

Reaction score
As far as Kofi being a face ~Shrug~ He has had one match and that's an easy enough swing. And the point about them only having singles Titles to go for. Last I checked the Tag Titles were held by an ECW team and ECW stars are floating on to smackdown every week.

I think with the three of their athletic ability they would be very succesfull and very marketable

They put the titles on Miz/Morrison to build on two storylines(hardy/mvp, Punk/miz/morrison) and as far as them being a team that will end after they lose titles, plus have you seen any of the other official ecw roster challenge for the titles, NO!

then theres the fact no ecw superstar except BDV has started a feud or shown signs of challenging for the titles. The only reason ecw stars appear on smackdown is so the talent exchange doesnt look 1 sided

^bingo. the whole point of the talent exchange is to get ecw ratings

HHHforever

Reaction score
There's a reason why they brought him in as face because that's how they plan on using him for awhile. Setting him up as a face and then after one or two matches turning him heel would look like terrible booking. I like stables and I wouldn't mind seeing a black stable, but I don't think that this would be the people I would use.

-TJ-

I believe Putting Kofi, Shelton, and Burke as a faction will be great.

Burke - He will hold his team as a heel and provide great wrestling to go with it.

Shelton - Provides the great wrestling skill that will keep this crowd hooked on the faction.

Kofi - Brings a unique fighting style that will keep this crowd's eyes glued to the TV Screen.

Aslo the WWE tag titles are basicly gloryfied ECW tag titles so this new faction could be golden. Burke and Kofi as tag champions and Shelton as ECW champion would be great. Any thoughts on this?

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Absolutely. I'm thinking if they did an all black heel stable it would be Elijah, Shelton, Mark Henry, and/or Big Daddy V. You'd have your enforcers with Henry and Big Daddy V and then you'd have Elijah on the mic, who I don't think is great but definitely not bad, and Henry is actually very good on the Mic for a big guy. Wouldn't be a bad stable imo plus they're already heel.

The Ripper

Reaction score
i wouldnt mind seeing burke/benjamin and maybe henry in a stable but it cant happen in ECW, Raw maybe but not ECW because they shouldnt have stables or teams unless there are official tag titles (not smackdowns titles) on the brand. That is the reason the new breed split and majors went to smackdown, WWE seen that there was no point having them on that brand